Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Electric portable pumps

I'm looking into these to get one for taking to races. anyone got one? reviews?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

7 comments

JVN01 | 2 years ago
0 likes

Bought one of the xiaomi portable electric pumps recently, pretty impressive for the price and happily pumps MTB or road tyres to required pressure in a couple of minutes. Bit bigger than jersey pocket size but easily fits in a rucksack. https://aligo.uk/products/xiaomi-air-pump-portable-electric-pump-car-bik...

Tom_77 | 2 years ago
0 likes

I have a cheap one from Amazon for emergency use. It's a bit slow and a bit loud, but otherwise fine. Mine will only do 100 psi, but I've seen other ones which will do more.

OnYerBike | 2 years ago
1 like

Fumpa/Fumpa Mini springs to mind - generally seems to get good reviews but never used it myself. 

I daresay another option would be to borrow someone else's track pump - normally there seem to be more pumps than bikes!

fenix | 2 years ago
1 like

Unless you can't pump - just take a track pump.  Cheaper and less to go wrong.  You're only doing two tyres ? 

snappyandrew replied to fenix | 2 years ago
0 likes

I often go to events by train. Bringing a track pump is a faff. Was hoping for something to put in the backpack

zero_trooper replied to snappyandrew | 2 years ago
0 likes

Buy a bigger backpack? If you put the pump in first, with the baseplate snug at the bottom of your backpack. Another faff I know, but you could remove the handle for transportation.

I've a Lezyne 'mini track pump' which has a fold out wire 'foot' and a small ergonomic handle. Works great, but a bit of an effort pumping-wise. Which I'm presuming is the issue for you.

hawkinspeter | 2 years ago
1 like

Latest Comments