Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Fulcrum wheel issue..

Hi there, I have recently noticed some indentations on my 11mth old Racing Zero 7s hub spline where cassette attaches, appears from cassette. I notice no performance issues,  noise etc from the rear wheel other than the fact I know of their presence. Wondering if anyone else has come accross this? Quite expensive wheels really and never seen this before so quite surprised. Both the retailer and Fulcrum answered my queires with the remarks that it happens and in no way detracts from the performance!! Torque the cassette down and it will be fine, which it is but I feel it should be replaced.   Thoughts. cheers 

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

4 comments

Byza | 2 years ago
0 likes

See photo attached thanks

stuartcoupe replied to Byza | 2 years ago
1 like

Completely normal.

bobbinogs replied to stuartcoupe | 2 years ago
2 likes

Yepp, it is usually an unfortunate by-product of choosing aluminium/alloy for freehubs rather than steel in the search for marginal weight savings.

kaza456 replied to stuartcoupe | 2 years ago
0 likes

you can get here more info from auto pro locksmith in London. they have all the updated bike forums.  https://www.autoprolocksmith.co.uk/bicycle-lockout/

Latest Comments