Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Health thoughts - stamina gone

Not looking for medical advice but just wondering if my current situation sounds familiar to anyone and if so what they did about it.

Had a cracking winter Jan-Mar on the turbo, boosting my ftp and now its all gone to pot.

Have had a mild tickly cough for the last 2-3 weeks (Covid negative through 3 tests) and it seems to have completely impacted my stamina.  I just cant sustain even ftp level output for more than 5 mins, whereas in Mar I could do it for nearer an hour, and PR the Alpe in the following hour. 

Dont cough much on the bike but after the session have a tickle for the rest of the day.  Also not getting the usual satisfied endorphin rush post bike ride. Last real world ride I was playing tail end charlie up every hill which is unusual.

I've tried resting and bikeless for a week.   Had a much better session yesterday about 95% of good, and buzzin when I finished but less again good today.  I have very little to take to the GP with - especially in these times - so a bit stumped for options and its sucking the joy out of biking.

Not sure what to next

• Keep plugging away?
  • More rest?
  • Just ride for fun and stop stressing?

Any thoughts greatly received.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Latest Comments