Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Hydraulic Disc Help - Should I bleed / refill?

Hi Folks, 

Apologies if this has been asked dozens of time but i've checked and couldn;t find a similar thread. 

I recently swapped out my front disc pads which had completly worn away. In trying to reset the pistons (push them back in) i found myself playing with the brake lever which the disc out and bike upside down. One of the pistons nearly popped out, but i pushed them back in as far as they'll go. Trouble is, the brake lever now doesnt generate enough pressure to apply any braking force onto the disc. 

Have i broken it or do i just need to bleed the brakes and replace the fluid? 

In normall circumstances, i would leave something like this to the pros, but the workshop is booked up for the next month. 

In case it matters, the brake system is Shimano RS685/805 and i've had the bike for around 4 years and haven't done any maintenance on the brake.

Will someting like this kit do the trick?https://epicbleedsolutions.com/collections/shimano/products/shimano-blee...

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Latest Comments