Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Kickstarter kit launch competitive price, what are your thoughts?

We wanted to share the shots of our new kit which just launched on Kickstarter to get any feedback and returns from the cycling community which would be very helpful! 😄 Thank you all for your comments and good riding to you all. 🚴

Have a look for yourself @ View: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gamitocc/gamito-cc-natural-cycling-apparel
🌟

PS: 6 days left for the EARLY BIRD Discounts full kit for only 72 pounds!

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

5 comments

Tom_77 | 2 years ago
0 likes

Would probably be worth saying how much delivery is (assuming it's not included) and where it ships from (for import duty / VAT). Unfortunately I don't think it would be worth backing this if you're outside the EU.

GamitoCc replied to Tom_77 | 2 years ago
0 likes

It would be 15 euros shipping cost for the rest of the world

OnYerBike | 2 years ago
1 like

Are there any other colours?

Personally I'm not a massive fan of the semi-transparent look. I appreciate it's a consequence of a super light-weight material for hot weather, but (as someone living in Scotland) I'd rather a slightly more substantial material which preserves modesty. 

You say the bibshorts pad has a "carbon fibre cushion" - carbon fibre might be good for many things, but in a pad??? 

All black bibshorts have the advantage that you can mix-and-match with any jersey - yours look like they only really work as part of the full outfit.

I like the mountain design on the back of the jersey.

I remain skeptical about kickstarter having been burned a couple of times before. Personally I would now much rather wait until products are released and available to buy (ideally with a few positive reviews behind them) and then I'll decide. It's worth paying a bit more for a product that actually exists and so that other people who aren't just trying to flog it have had a say on the finished item. 

GamitoCc replied to OnYerBike | 2 years ago
0 likes

For this first launch, we are staying with one colourway because we wanted to get a first sample and sell only what we have tried on first. The blue should go well with other blue shirts but I understand your concern. And yes believe it or not carbon fibre foam layers are a good option for anti-bacterial and quick dry material for chamois pads.

GamitoCc replied to GamitoCc | 2 years ago
0 likes

And your last point holds its truth, however, we are honestly trying to bring good quality kits at an accessible price to consumers. Being our first launch, it is absolutely essential that we set high standards for us to be successful in the future, at least that is our approach. So we want to bring good quality/price kits to please our community and hopefully build up from there!

Latest Comments