Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Le Col Sport bib shorts

I've just bought some Le Col Sport bib shorts and whilst the overall fit feels good, the pad is very stiff and feels like I'm wearing a nappy. I usually use Endura Pro SL or Pactimo and the pads feel more comfortable out of the box. The Le Col shorts have only been tried on so are still returnable, but before doing so I wondered if anyone here had used them and whether they give a bit with use?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

2 comments

Inder | 2 years ago
0 likes

I have a pair of the "Sport" bib tights rather than the shorts and the pad did feel a little stiff at first but improved after a wash or two. It's pretty cofortable now and for me is comparable to Rapha and maybe a bit more comfortable than Castelli and Santini that I also use. If I'm being picky I'd say the rest of the material has a bit too much stretch to it but not a massive problem.

Pilot Pete | 2 years ago
0 likes

I have tried two pairs of Le Col shorts and the pad placement is just wrong for me - my sitbones are positioned on the edge of the pad when seated on my saddle, not in the densely padded areas either side of centre where they should be.

A pal has the same issue. I like the brand and have jerseys, warmers, socks etc which are all great but the shorts, well, they're not for me. I queried the positioning of the pad with Le Col customer service but they assured me there were no 'bad batches' where the pad had been sewn in the wrong position etc.

I would try your shorts on and sit on your hands on a kitchen chair and feel for where your sitbones are in relation to the pad. That might reveal something regarding the feel of the pad...

Latest Comments