Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

RTA

I've not been able to ride an upright bike for 5or6 years now, so I ride Recumbent trikes. On April 16th I was hit by a car. I was riding South a long strait road with the traffic tailed back a long way in the lane to the right from a T junction with traffic lights controling the flow.

I was going a long in a merry way the next thing I knew I was lying in the road with the trike on top of me. The car pulled out of a junction on my right. While I was still lying on the ground the driver came over and blamed me for gettig in his way.

I'm a member of Cycling UK, So thought all would be Okay, how wrong was I. It even came down to me having to gather evidence from the Police to fined CCTV footage which shows the driver was to blame. Theres still no end in sight, which should have been a straightforward case.

Alan.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

3 comments

Bungle_52 | 2 years ago
0 likes

I don't know whether it's possible but when my brother was involved in a collision he was given the other drivers version of events which bore little resemblance to what my brother said happened. If you can access it it may explain why the police and cycling UK are having a little trouble.

At the end of the day it's your word against his and that's why I now won't go out without a camera.

I hope you're OK.

hawkinspeter | 2 years ago
3 likes

Sorry to hear about your collision (probably more of a RTC than a RTA).

Which police force is it that's failing to investigate properly?

1tal replied to hawkinspeter | 2 years ago
0 likes
hawkinspeter wrote:

Sorry to hear about your collision (probably more of a RTC than a RTA).

Which police force is it that's failing to investigate properly?

It's County Durham Police and Slater&Gordon solicitors and the driver between them it's a bit of a mess.

Latest Comments