Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Server Problems

I keep getting "service unavailable". Is anyone else having this problem?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

46 comments

IanG | 2 years ago
0 likes

More server problems ?

Just lost all bar 3 of my riders for todays stage 4??

Including Roglic! cannot find anywhere that they have left the competition???

Condor Andy replied to IanG | 2 years ago
0 likes

Have a look at the other post on purist scoring. We're doing a temporary fix for yesterday's stage and scoring the purist. For that we need to temporarily remove riders from standard before putting them back. Sit tight, Roglic and the others will be back.

BigBear63 | 2 years ago
0 likes

I assume the neutralisation won't affect the purist games. Correct?

stevemarks replied to BigBear63 | 2 years ago
0 likes

It has been scored as zero this has to be wrong

BigBear63 wrote:

I assume the neutralisation won't affect the purist games. Correct?

Sniffer replied to stevemarks | 2 years ago
0 likes

I doubt the game will allow a neutralised Standard game and an updated Purist game.

The zeros are probably here to stay. 

Condor Andy replied to BigBear63 | 2 years ago
0 likes

Can confirm what Sniffer says. One sheet that updates both competitions. We'd have to empty the standard game of riders and then reinstate them all after the update. And everyone would get 8 emails about all their riders leaving the race.

tony kappler replied to Condor Andy | 2 years ago
1 like

Andy, would we only have to empty the standard game of SCORING riders, then reinstate? I could do this in Aussie daytime, but it may cause some confusion for Aussies or Brits who are still partying at 3am or the best time is probably after the next stages have started. I could do the spreadsheets (my) today, then you or I could score after the stages have started.

tony kappler replied to Condor Andy | 2 years ago
1 like

We will try to score purist stage 3 after next stages start, (Dave willing). This will mean temporarily removing all scoring riders from standard game.

STEVESPRO 79 | 2 years ago
0 likes

Dave is there no way of reimbursing the days transfers if you have neutralised the stage...I personally made 4 transfers altogether in the 2 races..Big disadvantage for the rest of the stages.. Just asking....

Condor Andy replied to STEVESPRO 79 | 2 years ago
0 likes

It's really delicate. I made a few transfers myself last night, but if we add 2 transfers to each race, that benefits the folk who did nothing more than it benefits us. It's just a crappy situation. Hopefully it's a one off. I can't rememeber this happening before.

dave atkinson replied to Condor Andy | 2 years ago
0 likes

rackspace have generally been pretty reliable over the years. i mean, there's been some application-level stuff that's gone wrong in the past but this particular one i couldn't do anything about, which was really frustrating

dave atkinson | 2 years ago
4 likes

i think they've duct taped all the pipes and plugged everything back in now. today's stages will be neutralised. apologies to anyone that made their transfers early before the server issues.

Daniel Norton replied to dave atkinson | 2 years ago
0 likes

Thnx Dave

JAndrewHill replied to dave atkinson | 2 years ago
0 likes

Oh no. And I'd transferred in Pedersen, Merlier and Kooji. 

Maybe the server recognised my brilliant tranfers and gave in. 

Keep up the good work!

Dr Winston | 2 years ago
0 likes

Paris-Nice has started... TDG in the break.... that's a blast from the past.

Jakes1 | 2 years ago
0 likes

Hi. Can you confirm if scores are indeed being neutralized at zero today for both P-N and T-A since no transfers able to be done, certainly all morning, but apparently since last night too? Thanks.

Condor Andy replied to Jakes1 | 2 years ago
1 like

They are being neutralized, yes.

mdavidford | 2 years ago
1 like

It's been hacked by Pozzovivo, in revenge for making him available on a free.

dave atkinson | 2 years ago
0 likes

i'm on this but not sure of the cause, sorry. it's very frustrating. i'll check back soon

Daniel Norton replied to dave atkinson | 2 years ago
0 likes

Russian cyber-attack.  Is Pozzovivo working for the Russians?

dave atkinson replied to Daniel Norton | 2 years ago
0 likes

nothing that exciting. sounds more like 'scheduled maintenance broke everything'

dave atkinson replied to dave atkinson | 2 years ago
0 likes

there are ongoing issues at the rackspace data centre in london. ETA for fix is currently 0930. i guess we'll make a call on today's stages when we know whe it's back and running.

dave atkinson replied to dave atkinson | 2 years ago
0 likes

well that deadline has passed and it's still not working, so it seems unlikely that the game will be operational for transfers ahead of today's stages. i'll keep you updated 😑

tony kappler replied to dave atkinson | 2 years ago
2 likes

Dave, it has to be less than 30 mins to Paris deadline, and 50 to Tirreno. Lets just neutralise the 2 stages (0 points) now. Seems to be the consensus of this forum. I know that will disadvantage players that transferred 12hours ago, but lets face it, most players leave transfers until late these days cos of covid. Otherwise everyone will be stressed for the next hour, and not everyone can just sit on their computers waiting for the game to open.

11waterloo replied to tony kappler | 2 years ago
2 likes

Sounds like the only option. Everyone will have a hard luck story but it is only a game when it's all said and done.

dave atkinson replied to 11waterloo | 2 years ago
2 likes

yes, i think we'll need to do that. apologies everyone. i'll update when i hear more from rackspace.

Condor Andy replied to 11waterloo | 2 years ago
1 like

It'll mess with rider records, but hopefully only one stage won't be that impactful.

Daniel Norton replied to tony kappler | 2 years ago
0 likes

I think I wasted 2 transfers before the site went down on PN game now, so would have been at an advantage in that game.  But I can't see any fairer way to go than Tony's suggestion...

Dr Winston replied to dave atkinson | 2 years ago
0 likes

Same story for me... Go as far as being able to see the transfers page once or twice but can't actually do anything.

stevemarks | 2 years ago
0 likes

server down again

Pages

Latest Comments