Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

SRAM Rvial AXS Questions

Have two questions with respect to the recently introduced SRAM Rival AXS Groupset - : 

1. What is the “brake contact adjustment”, a feature that is depreciated for the Rival AXS, but exists on Force AXS & Red AXS. Is it the point of adjustibility when the brake pads touch the rotors ? How big a deal is not not having this adjustability ? 

2. There is a difference in ways to bleed the brakes on Rival AXS when compared to Force AXS & Red AXS. - Not sure I understand the difference, kindly explain.

Thanks

Jai

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

2 comments

Prosper0 | 2 years ago
0 likes

I have both AXS Force and a traditional Sram Force hydro setup. 

1. It changes the 'bite point' on the levers, ie the point on the lever throw when the brakes start to engage. It doesn't do anything to pad clearance but I can see why you'd think that. On a rim brake bike the effect would be reducing the clearance on the brake pads so they engage faster. But it's different in hydraulics. In all honesty, the AXS contact adjuster makes very little difference, I would much prefer the neat little hoods on Rival.

2. There is a difference. On Force/Red you have to use a bleed kit with a 'bleeding edge' adapter to click the syringe into the brake calliper, on Rival you use a traditional screw end. It honestly doesn't make any difference but you need to pay more for the unique 'bleeding edge' tool. 

Either way, neither of these features matter, I wouldn't worry about it  

j_vora replied to Prosper0 | 2 years ago
0 likes

Thanks Prosper0 for the reply - 

Good to know that overall both these features do not play a significant role, at least not to a non-pro such as myself- 

Rival is looking better and better for my requirements - 

Appreciarte your explanaions 

Latest Comments