Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Tacx Flux S Cassette Installation Problems, HELP!

I've recently bought a Tacx Flux S second hand off ebay. It was a factory replacement that wasn't used and has 12 months warranty and seems to have the multisys free hub attached which should be compatible with the cassette I have purchased I believe.

I purchase a cassette the same one as one my current bike. A Shimano Alivio 9 Speed 11-34T. I've also bought the spacer kit, another lockring from edco, locking tool etc etc, the whole shebang and still can't get this setup.

I have photos if needed. The cassette sits fine on the hub, and it has the flat back, not recessed, so the 1mm spacer should not be used as far as I can tell. But both lock rings I have seem to be the wrong size. They are too wide for the inner part it's supposed to lock too. Can anyone help? I presume I just need to find the right lock ring but can't figure out which I need and can't just keep on buying and buying til I find the right one. Or do I have to purchase the specific Shimano hub for this to work?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Latest Comments