Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

forum

Time to pack away the short sleeved jerseys

Summer ends and the rain starts. 20C in Manchester yesterday, but the rain has started and the forecast says 13C. Time to pack away the short sleeved jerseys. Some of them get worn twice a summer, and then I wonder why my shorts are wornout but this jersey is pristine 20 years later!

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

10 comments

bobbinogs | 3 years ago
4 likes

At this time of the year it is about choosing whether you want to get the clothing wrong at the start of a ride...or at the end of it!

peted76 | 3 years ago
0 likes

Cracked out the knee warmers last night for the first time since last winter... chilly last night... starting to think about indoor training  2

mtb_roadtripper | 3 years ago
0 likes

I got some Canterbury "Thermoreg" longsleeve base layers as I could get a deal on them, super tight. 

Perfect for under the summer jersey at this point. 

Hirsute | 3 years ago
0 likes

Cycle jacket today.
Tomorrow looks like a non cycle day with those winds and heavy rain.

don simon fbpe | 3 years ago
0 likes

In all fairness there were a few days this year where I could manage without arm warmers and one where the Gabba was a bit too much.

ktache | 3 years ago
1 like

I'm still going to hold on and wear them under long sleeved jersys, just in case.  We could still get another little burst of warmth.

Might put my thinnest summer gloves away though, there only really good for the mid twenties up.

Hirsute | 3 years ago
3 likes

Arm wamers am for me and not required pm.

Simon E replied to Hirsute | 3 years ago
2 likes

hirsute wrote:

Arm wamers am for me and not required pm.

Same here, though mine may be needed pm too if the wind is cold.

A lightweight windproof or race cape keeps the cold off until it gets down to about 6 or 7C (a carrier bag can be used as midlayer some mornings). The winter jacket, merino baselayer and proper gloves only come out when it's single figures at both ends of the day.

Nick T | 3 years ago
1 like

If that's what makes you happy go or it bro

Organon replied to Nick T | 3 years ago
0 likes

Unnecessary.

Latest Comments