Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

UAE Tour....Yeah...

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

29 comments

11waterloo | 3 years ago
0 likes

I know everyone has him so it makes little difference, but shouldn't Bennett have a few more points today? 

Condor Andy replied to 11waterloo | 3 years ago
1 like

Looks like a misclick on a 2 instead of a 3. Putting it right now.

Cheers for the heads up!

11waterloo | 3 years ago
0 likes

Went from the depths of despair in that stage when Moschetti abandoned ( nailed on 5-10 place finisher by my reckoning), to a feeling of relief that I brought in Bennett and Viviani as my two transfers! 

Dr Winston replied to 11waterloo | 3 years ago
0 likes

Sat on my hands a bit with the risk of echelons. I had three transfers but only used two and kept the Almeida points. Moschetti was going to be my third rider in. Kinda thought I would tread water with or without echelons and I did....

11waterloo replied to Dr Winston | 3 years ago
0 likes

I had Moschetti in from start so was hoping to reap the dividend today & tomorrow. Luckily, like you, I held back on my last transfer in case today went a bit wild so I can at least replace him.

Dr Winston | 3 years ago
0 likes

Well that went well. Only did one transfer and slept on Higuita or Buchmann...decided Buchmann but then before I did the transfer this morning we had a new exercise bike delivered at 7.00a.m....and forgot to do the transfer in my excitement....Jammy sod....and only fell one place... 

11waterloo | 3 years ago
2 likes

I am unreasonably fed up with Chris Harper! Looked at bringing him in as I had 4.5 mill in bank but went with dodgy Italian sprinter at last minute, reasoning that he would probably score more than the 7 that Harper carries and I could bring Harper in tonight. Then Harper ends up sprinting one place behind Minali......Grrrrrrrrr. At least Dekker didn't win to give him the extra 5! 

jollygoodvelo | 3 years ago
0 likes

I'm a muppet. Missed the transfer window this morning at literally the first possible opportunity. 🙄

In my defence it does seem a little early given that there are still two hours until the start, but I should have checked...

Condor Andy | 3 years ago
1 like

Lol, this has to be a first. I scored a grand total of zero points in the standard hahaha!

Dr Winston replied to Condor Andy | 3 years ago
0 likes

Condor Andy wrote:

Lol, this has to be a first. I scored a grand total of zero points in the standard hahaha!

Ouch. Luckily I had Dekker to soften the blow...but that was all. 

runaroundsioux replied to Condor Andy | 3 years ago
0 likes

A fine Zero here as well.....

Purist team went very well thank you  LOL!!!!

Dr Winston | 3 years ago
0 likes

Absolute disaster of a start. Went sprinter heavy in both teams and getting blown away....literally.

0 likes

Not picking Van der Poel seems ridiculous in hindsight especially with a TT tomorrow. All the noise was that he was just here to help Philipsen and find his road legs after the cross season but he is a pure competitor and can't resist giving it a go!! Makes tomorrow's selection all the more tricky now! 

Sniffer replied to 11waterloo | 3 years ago
0 likes

That is the thing about the game.  Your team looks great the night before and then afterwards you can't believe you didn't pick VdP.

Dekker saved me from a disaster, but is never good when your purist team outscores your standard team.

11waterloo replied to Sniffer | 3 years ago
0 likes

It is a lottery when you get wind like that. Was panicking that I didn't have Ganna but then Almeira made the cut so got me out of jail! 

0 likes

11waterloo wrote:

Not picking Van der Poel seems ridiculous in hindsight especially with a TT tomorrow. All the noise was that he was just here to help Philipsen and find his road legs after the cross season but he is a pure competitor and can't resist giving it a go!! Makes tomorrow's selection all the more tricky now! 

So many pts available if it's a standard sprinters day on stage one. I don't regret my picks at all, but I do regret that damned wind. MVDP was fantastic again..sadly...

0 likes

It did look a nailed on sprint and MvdP was never in my plans. The whole dynamic of the race has changed now. Lots of riders with no chance of winning on GC but looking for a stage win. 

0 likes

11waterloo wrote:

It did look a nailed on sprint and MvdP was never in my plans. The whole dynamic of the race has changed now. Lots of riders with no chance of winning on GC but looking for a stage win. 

Couldn't pick MVDP because it's simply an Okey Cokey with Philipsen.I have no doubt at all that Philipsen would be the sprinter on a calmer day. I went with neither because of that (Nizollo instead). Got to fancy MVDP would want the pts jersey now though....that would be a good win for them. 

stevemarks replied to 11waterloo | 3 years ago
0 likes

MVDP out now! Alpecin has a Covid case

Sniffer replied to stevemarks | 3 years ago
0 likes

VdP was one of my transfers in last night.  Not so smart a move now.

11waterloo replied to Sniffer | 3 years ago
0 likes

Very nearly brought him in myself- he would have flown round that TT course. Very glad I decided to save the transfer now!

Gkam84 | 3 years ago
1 like

Nearly forgot, there has been no emails announcing the race or the season starting...what's going on with the game?

TERatcliffe26 | 3 years ago
0 likes

Think this is so tough to pick for, pretty much gone sprinters + Pogacar for my purist

TERatcliffe26 | 3 years ago
0 likes

Think this is so tough to pick for, ive pretty much just gone sprinters + Pogacar for my purist

Dr Winston | 3 years ago
0 likes

Hearing a few comments that teams may be leaving line up's until as late as possible...not from anybody of note but it sounds feasible. Any thoughts?

Also...What a line up...UAE becoming a mini TDF...Fab.

Condor Andy replied to Dr Winston | 3 years ago
0 likes

I'll keep my ears open for changes, but PCS already listed Hirschi, Pedersen, and Boaro as not starting. I guess we'll see.

And yes! Sprints should be pretty open, quite a few outsiders for the summits, and the TT. Looking forward to some racing again.

0 likes

Quite a nice parcours as well, especially with a time trial. If one of the sprint stages finished on Hatta Dam it would be perfect. Stages mixed up to make transfers in the game hard to balance ..... I'm moaning already and we haven't even started! 

0 likes

11waterloo wrote:

Quite a nice parcours as well, especially with a time trial. If one of the sprint stages finished on Hatta Dam it would be perfect. Stages mixed up to make transfers in the game hard to balance ..... I'm moaning already and we haven't even started! 

Hatta dam is one of the best finishes in the whole calander. Perfectly poised between the sprinters and the GC...literally on the edge. Shame.

Yes, hard to predict, we have no idea much about form either....

Daniel Norton replied to Dr Winston | 3 years ago
0 likes

Finally.  Hopefully I won't forget to enter a team for a new comp this season so I'm actually involved in the overall.  Every year I seem to cock up early.

I was disappointed there is no Hatta Dam stage too.  I like the mix though apart from a lack of hilly stages to give breakaways something to go at.

Early tactical choices?  I will keep my cards close I reckon.  1

Latest Comments