Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Vuelta a Espana

Final bog bash of the season....I'm hoping for something at least slightly more predictable than this years TDF. 

Does anybody know the rules on hot weather for the Vuelta. I notice temperatures may, or more like probably, will exceed 40 degrees.... even for the opening TT...

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

13 comments

Gecko-cyclist | 2 years ago
2 likes

The fact I had Cort and Bagioli in the break probably helped but stage 19 must be up there with the best days of the year. On a knife edge the whole stage. There's going to be some sore legs in the mountains tomorrow!

Condor Andy replied to Gecko-cyclist | 2 years ago
0 likes

I think a lot are underestimating tomorrow's stage. Such a shame about Meintjes today, it was quite the tussle for the top 10, but I feel that battle is over now. The finale tomorrow encourages attacking though, so let's hope for some fireworks!

Condor Andy | 2 years ago
1 like

The results will be delayed I'm afraid. I'm away with no PC or laptop and rubbish internet, this is the first I've had all day. I've pinged a few people who might be around tomorrow to help out. I'm back next week.

11waterloo | 2 years ago
0 likes

Kept Cort in until today when I decided this stage wasn't for him..... I really don't understand my thought processes sometimes.

Sniffer replied to 11waterloo | 2 years ago
0 likes

That one won’t have got better. I dropped Matthews a stage too early.

11waterloo replied to Sniffer | 2 years ago
1 like

I took Matthews out as well yesterday to add to my woes! I feel like I am in a Two Ronnies sketch where I keep picking the correct team - but for for the stage before I actually need it!

JAndrewHill | 2 years ago
0 likes

Can you confirm who finished last on Stage 3 of LaVuelta? Was Rubio outside the time limit or did he not get his hard fought points for coming last?

Condor Andy replied to JAndrewHill | 2 years ago
0 likes

Jordi Meeus finished last. Rubio is last in the GC.

Dr Winston | 2 years ago
0 likes

This is actually a seriously good list of climbers. A smattering of really  good potential winners for the overall....but after that an awful lot on the undercard that are very evenly matched. I literally have no clue who to pick. 

1 like

I'm going to tweak to intermediate sprint scoring slightly because it's a new system this year. Looks like 5 riders score instead of the 3 of previous years, so I'll change it to 10-8-6-4-2 to replace the usual 6-4-2. Which makes sense because there's only ever one sprint per stage.

0 likes

Had to alter the name of the start for tomorrow's stage because the 'Pick Team' button was hidden below the window.

That's a new one.

Sniffer replied to Condor Andy | 2 years ago
0 likes

An hour before the deadline my team had Aranburu and Cerny.  Then I thought I would be clever and save some transfers for later so compromised my team for today.  That didn't work out.

After the car crash I made of the beginning of the Tour of Poland I have lost my touch at the moment.

Condor Andy replied to Sniffer | 2 years ago
0 likes

No idea where Aranburu pulled that performance from. I had sprinters plus Cerny, Tratnik, and Cort, so an alright start. Poland has a chance of being my most successful game ever.

Latest Comments