Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Xenon Gas

Just read a bit about Garmins doctor saying they looked into the use of xenon . I have a low grade chemistry O,level and don,t really understand the ramifications of all this . Is this anything to do with Sir Daves marginal gains ?  17

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

6 comments

Surf57 | 10 years ago
0 likes

I used something like this way back in 2007, on a snowboarding holiday in Copper mountain, Colorado. It's so high up, they sell this stuff in the local grocery store to help tourists acclimatise. Needless to say I bought a pack or two, and boy did it help. Instant relief from headaches and nausea.  1
Just had a ride over Kingsclere downs on some very harsh hills, and would have loved to use a mini version at times, but really should just train more on hills.  26

Surf57 | 10 years ago
0 likes

I used something like this way back in 2007, on a snowboarding holiday in Copper mountain, Colorado. It's so high up, they sell this stuff in the local grocery store to help tourists acclimatise. Needless to say I bought a pack or two, and boy did it help. Instant relief from headaches and nausea.  1
Just had a ride over Kingsclere downs on some very harsh hills, and would have loved to use a mini version at times, but really should just train more on hills.  26

BikeLockHolmes replied to Surf57 | 10 years ago
0 likes
Surf57 wrote:

I used something like this way back in 2007...

You do realize we're talking about Xenon gas here. Right?

Are you telling us you were on the Russian Olympic Team? Or that you road with Garmin?

If neither, then please tell me what store in Colorado sold you "something like" Xenon gas? I'll be there as soon as they open their doors this morning to buy out their whole stock!

BikeLockHolmes | 10 years ago
0 likes

Just read a bit about Garmins doctor saying they looked into the use of xenon...

Can you point us to where you read this?

If it's good enough for the Russian Olympic Team, it's good enough for Garmin.

This is my prediction for how it will eventually be packaged (and mark my words! it will eventually be packaged!):

And this is how you administer it:

Put me down for a crate!  3

john rutherford replied to BikeLockHolmes | 10 years ago
0 likes

Saw it yesterday on the Cycling News website .It,s one of the lead stories .Just checkedit out this morning and it,s still on .

BikeLockHolmes replied to john rutherford | 10 years ago
0 likes
john rutherford wrote:

Saw it yesterday on the Cycling News website .It,s one of the lead stories .Just checkedit out this morning and it,s still on .

Found it! Thanks.

...Prentice Steffen MD, head physician at Garmin-Sharp, told Cyclingnews that although the team he worked for looked into the idea of using the Xenon, they were quickly put off...

Latest Comments