Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Yeoleo 38/50 Carbon tubeless Clinchers

I am interested in getting responses from people who have either ridden and or ridden and owned a pair of recent Yeoleo wheels, since they have been classified/recognised by the UCI. Please only post Positive and negative feedback which directly relates to my request. It would be most helpful if you can stick to the part where I have asked if you have direct firsthand experience of YEOLEO wheels. If you have used Any other Chinese wheels, although interesting generally, is not what I'm looking for. 

Also, if you have direct knowledge of what UCI classification means in real terms, please could you respond.

I ride a mix of hills and flats, in Somerset UK, where the roads can have big pot holes. There are also some fairly steep, 22 + degree incline/declines, which means potentially sharp breaking. I'm 90 kg (ish), which I realise is at the upper end for weight safety on carbon wheels. I do not race competitively, only now and again between friends on a Sunday.......

I already use two different iterations of Mavic alloy wheels, one mid range and the other high end. Both are great, however would like to try out carbon wheels, where I can increase the depth and width of the wheel for stability and aerodynamics. Tubeless also makes it a more tempting option..............

In summary - if you have ridden some, please let me know what you HONESTLY think. 

Ps 

i have looked at YouTube and there are loads of positive reviews, no negative ones, so either they're great wheels or the company is just very good at getting negative reviews removed! 

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

10 comments

Django | 7 years ago
1 like

Hi - I took the plunge and ordered 50 MM. tubeless clinchers. I made a mistake on PayPal so yeoleo had to refund the first payment, which they did without issue. I'll let you know what they're like when they arrive. Thanks so much for your info.

jason 

Django | 7 years ago
0 likes

Great thanks. Exactly what I need to know. Thanks so much for all your time and help. 

Jason 

tritecommentbot | 7 years ago
0 likes

Yea they look class laugh

Django | 7 years ago
0 likes

Thanks again, they look super cool!! It's a bit geeky - did you go for the Sapim Cx spokes, and the SL hubs ? If so did you notice it in the ride ? 

Cheers 

CXR94Di2 replied to Django | 7 years ago
0 likes

Django wrote:

Thanks again, they look super cool!! It's a bit geeky - did you go for the Sapim Cx spokes, and the SL hubs ? If so did you notice it in the ride ? 

Cheers 

These are their Pro model so i ordered Sapin spokes. DT Swiss 350 straight pull hubs with centre lock disc mounts. The hubs didn't come with QR levers or the adaptor sleave to make the front hub convert from thru axle to QR. I have spare QR and sleave cost £15

CXR94Di2 | 7 years ago
2 likes

Here you go a little dirty now  1

Django | 7 years ago
0 likes

Great advice, I am riding the Angliru later in the summer, I'll definitely be using alloy wheels for that. I think if I go ahead with the purchase, I'll use for local undulating stuff, some hills but nothing like Alpine or Pyrenees etc. Incidentally I was in Tenerife 4 weeks ago, and I DEFINITELY would not decent El Teide on carbon wheels, esp at my weight!!! Thanks a million. I'll keep you posted. J

CXR94Di2 | 7 years ago
0 likes

They are very light, I've not done any steep descents with them. Mine are disc brake versions I use on my Boardman which I also use for TT. I can give a little advice for carbon rims on rim brakes. A guy I recently toured with in Tenerife changed his carbon wheels whilst there because of concerns over rim/tyre failure.

Django | 7 years ago
0 likes

CXR94Di2, 

wow man, thanks for the reply. Bang on what I wanted to know.  Pics would be great, but please don't put yourself out.  There does seem to be a fair amount of good feedback on YouTube too. Have you had any experience with long and steep descents? I'd imagine you don't use them for big mountain stuff, as they're quite deep, or maybe you do, and why not. 

Thanks so much mate. Hope they serve you well and safely for a long time to come. 

Cheers

jason

CXR94Di2 | 7 years ago
0 likes

I have a pair of Pro 60mm tubular wheels( I weigh 95-100kg). The wheels are very well built and have a wide U shaped profile which fits 25mm tyres perfectly. I have used them once in a TT and was 30 secs faster than i have ever been so early in the season( less than favourable weather conditions)

The downside. I ordered these wheels in December last year and arrived in late March. They are terrible with communication, though emails do arrive after several prods. The prices are very competitive. I have read others have ordered and they have come quite quickly probably their standard wheels which are excellent in value. I paid via PayPal, and actually cancelled the order a few days before Yoeleo dispatched my wheels. They offered me a pair of carbon bottle holders and discount due to extensive delay.

If you're not in a hurry then they are good wheels. I can post pictures if you would like tomorrow?

Latest Comments