Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

This is why you should wear a helmet on a bike

https://metro.co.uk/2018/07/11/wear-helmet-bike-7705704/#mv-a

Does anyone know how the lad came to be “knocked off”? 

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

35 comments

brooksby | 5 years ago
2 likes

I'll bite: as others have said, how can we argue pointlessly about this matter unless we have some more detail on what the kid was doing or what the circumstances were of his being knocked off?

(I mean, the photos make it look like a breeze-block dropped on his head, and no bike helmet would protect against that!)

hawkinspeter replied to brooksby | 5 years ago
3 likes

brooksby wrote:

I'll bite: as others have said, how can we argue pointlessly about this matter unless we have some more detail on what the kid was doing or what the circumstances were of his being knocked off?

(I mean, the photos make it look like a breeze-block dropped on his head, and no bike helmet would protect against that!)

The Mirror article makes the briefest possible mention of a van that was involved:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/policewomans-powerful-warning-after-blood-12829176

There's no mention of the circumstances, so we can only assume that the van driver was so shocked to see a cyclist without a helmet that they had to knock him off his bike to ensure that it wasn't an hallucination.

Kendalred | 5 years ago
2 likes

Okay people, I have my popcorn ready...aaand...GO!

PRSboy | 5 years ago
1 like

I saw that article... the elephant in the room did as you say seem to be how did he end up knocked off!  All I've been able to glean from the interweb is that it was a collision with a van.

Lucky lad anyhow by the look of it.  Ouch.

don simon fbpe | 5 years ago
10 likes

Shouldn't the headline read "This is why you shouldn't knock people off their bikes."?

Get well soon, little dude.

Pages

Latest Comments