Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Chasing Legends (Yay or Nay)

Personally I enjoyed it (especially the funny bits and the background scenes were great).

16 Interview at the end was interesting too.  26

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

8 comments

miffed | 13 years ago
0 likes

I loved it. The cheesy intro ending was rubbish but everything else was fantastic.

I wanted more, I know its only 90mins but no Barcelona, the streets must have made great footage especially Dave Miller on the attack, also Hausler dropping Ballan in the rain and Hushovds monster attack. Hopefully theyll be on the dvd extras.

Fish_n_Chips | 13 years ago
0 likes

I must admit I had to hide my laughter at the start with the kid but I can be silly and I understand what they were portraying -we all started somewhere and then pics of the riders with their roadbikes as kids was a good idea.

Downhill scenes were great!

If it made you want to ride then great!

Mark Cav, well he was probably a bit nervous you know like...scratching...heh but he did mention his team was the key thing not just himself which is a credit to him.

TRs Blurb n Blog | 13 years ago
0 likes

I saw it in Greenwich at the O2. The intro to the film is so cheesy I thought I was going to have to sit through a real stinker but luckily that didn't last long and the documentary footage and funny bits kept me entertained. I think anyone who is into sport could watch this and have a better insight of the biggest annual sporting event in the world and what these athletes and their support team go through. My favourite bits were from the non comumbia HTC super domestique Jens Voight, that bloke is a machine but manages to have a sense of humour.

In the Q and A's you know, Cavendish was, well, you know, not that much of a you know, public speaking type person, like, you know he kept mumbling into the like, you know like, and scratching his bloody leg all the time. Good job Phill leggit was there to take the piss out of him and Rolf and Brian (the team directors) didn't need any help there. My mind was more interested if the bar was still going to be open when the director started talking. Yes I'm sure it did take a lot of effort filming but I think the bloke sat by him (Mark Cavendish) did the real work.

All in, it is a good film which hasn't made me go out straight away and buy a Columbia jacket or an HTC phone and at 35 dollars, I won't be getting the DVD either but I do want to go out on my bike.

badback | 13 years ago
0 likes

Top film and the Q & A was good although I wish Cav would have stopped scratching his leg while he was talking.

I nearly went as far as buying the DVD until I looked on the website at the cost and had a northern 'how much moment'.

Sheffield was sold out too.

Jon Burrage | 13 years ago
0 likes

Was it only 2 minutes, felt like 10! It was a really good evening actually. It made me feel warm inside walking into a cinema seeing guys in sidi's, carrying helmets and wearing rapha caps!

Fish_n_Chips | 13 years ago
0 likes

Wow I should have bought 20 prior and charged more!
Just kidding!  4

Jon - I was in Bristol - where they forgot to put the screen on during the first 2 minutes of the interview section.

I think folks who missed out will enjoy watching it at home.

Cheers roadcc for posting about it - will motivate me through winter rides when I get a mouth full of it...

Jon Burrage | 13 years ago
0 likes

yay, for sure. I enjoyed it a lot as did my girlfriend who is getting into this cycling lark (she appreciates snazzy carbon and really good photography most of all - I assume she hasnt noticed the calf muscles yet)

Where did you all watch it? Me, I was in Bristol - sold out.

stuke replied to Jon Burrage | 13 years ago
0 likes

I didn't get to see it unfortunately as I'm at college until late on a thursday but according to a work colleague Swindon was sold out to, people were trying to by tickets off of people as they were going in.

Latest Comments