Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

forum

What tests have people passed and what other vehicles do you own?

as you'll be aware, cyclists havent paid to use the road, havent passed a test and dont know what theyre doing. Riding in the middle of the road and two abreast, they bring misery to motorists daily. So, what tests has everyone passed, and what vehicles do you own?

I have a 1997 car which I just did the cambelt kit on. 

I also own a 2005 two stroke enduro motorbike, a 1999 kawasaki 600 and a chinese 125 comuting motorbike. 

I passed my car test in 2007 and 2011, [ dont ask why], my HGV training took me two years to pass, I did five motorbike cbts, then my a1 bike test, then my big bike test the DAS. I did the advanced motorists driving course and am trained to drive in high speed emergency scenarios[ think big van with medical equipment if you want to guess my job]. 

No, im just a cyclist with no clue, who refuses to use cycle lanes because im annoying. I dont pay road tax, only vehicle excise duty, 155 quid for my car, 66 quid for big bike, 20 quid and another 20 quid for the 125s. I can also drive HGV/s wagons but i only do that occasionally now. 

So, what cars/ bikes/ licences does everyone else have? Or are you all just riding bicycles worth 5 grand because youre too poor to afford a car and want to sit in traffic all day? :D[ this seems to be what most motorists think of cyclists] 

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

34 comments

Boatsie | 4 years ago
0 likes

Love VW братишка.. The weight on drive is what I liked..
Was going to edit above.
RX7s1 was nimble.. Was a 4 foot flame throwing twister sister.
We saw a fox. Steered to avoid. Fox ran same time. Bent spoiler. They have a spoiler under the engine mounts.
On back straight the governor sat us on 180. We'd lost steering and were cruising along with hopes and dreams..
At 315 degree turn we lost control and spun out. Without damage (other than no steering at fast speed) we had to wiggle out because we were sandwich meat about a foot clear fore and aft of a huge tree and 1 big rock.
Still laughing.. Used to play the game, ' see how many drunken idiots will jump, 'louder than a shogun.

brooksby | 4 years ago
1 like

I passed my standard driving test in my early thirties, on the second attempt.  Our household has a 1973 VW Microbus and a 1970 VW Beetle.  And three adult's bikes and two kids' bikes.

Boatsie | 4 years ago
0 likes

Had a few. Highlights being. Had lots of 543cc Suzuki hatch backs. A 2TG Celica engine and box in a Corolla fastback. Speedo was 190kmph. Every shift was capable of 7500rpm into 5500rpm. 5 speed. 4 took her to bump stop on speedometer. (Approx 220kmph). 5th then took redline on a slight climb. Nothing fancy, just balanced and big carburetors into a 4-2-1 extractor. (No cyclists there!!)
On road fuel gauge was visibly moving at cruise speed of 180. Cheap as to run on cruise speed 104 (torque settings).
Series 1 Rx7. Would do speed limits (110) around twisties sign posted 35 without tyre noise (Bridgestone RE92 while Australian made). -2 degree camber.
Now a Mitsubishi Mirage 2000. Got rear ended while sitting waiting for traffic. Young bloke, had insurance. I popped the hatch, it locked. Didn't care too much. Instead of insurance I asked and recieved $50. No worries. I use it to cart kayaks until rusty. Surprised after many years (being the cheapest none rusty car I could find) that she still perfect. 5l /100km. 6.7 with boat/s on roof. Slightly higher in traffic.
Suzuki are awesome. Just too short to carry. A black box was made to encourage spark. Basically ramped charge and boosted spark take to approximately twice voltage. Made her even cheaper on fuel. Really really cheap. Great bus for 3 men to surf 1 break.
Nowadays, 68 tonne of monster carrying 55tonne of fresh refridgerated food is a normal day.
Yeah I ride because it's cheap.
Monetary cheap.. Obvious reasons. Using fatties because none city working means none city roads.
Monastery cheap. Feels great breathing and burn is likable rather than, 'halo there, ' doh.. Head aches.
Monarchy cheap. Less pollution upon planet released. God bless you

Gary's bike channel | 4 years ago
1 like

bloody kia drivers not using the cycle lane, slowing me down to 30 mph.... 

Pages

Latest Comments