Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

AHA! Steve Coogan avoids 6 month driving ban because Alan Partridge has to drive

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/you...

[EDIT: apologies, duplicates another, earlier thread]

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

9 comments

Rapha Nadal | 4 years ago
0 likes

Needless to say that i had the last laugh...

Chris Hayes | 4 years ago
2 likes

My favourite Alan Partridge car scene was the Cock Piss Partridge that someone had sprayed on the side of his Rover 25... 

kil0ran | 4 years ago
1 like

So, hang on, he's being filmed whilst driving a vehicle? How is that even remotely safe?

Butty replied to kil0ran | 4 years ago
1 like

kil0ran wrote:

So, hang on, he's being filmed whilst driving a vehicle? How is that even remotely safe?

I thought that driving clips were filmed with the car on a trailor to avoid the driver having to concentrate on really driving while delivering their lines. In which case he doesn't need a licence anyway.

Where do these magistrates come from? It's not the world I inhabit.

ChrisB200SX | 4 years ago
1 like

You couldn't make it up!

quiff | 4 years ago
3 likes

And as I said in the other thread (which I hadn't spotted when I posted this), anyone who lost work because the 'talent' got a driving ban would surely have some form of civil claim against him to negate any financial hardship (though appreciate the court probably wouldn't view the right to bring a civil claim as an adequate remedy).   

EddyBerckx | 4 years ago
7 likes

Always the same get out clause in these cases. "Financial hardship", in this case the people who would've worked on his show.

At what point does someone in the justice system actually say "you should've thought about that the other 300 times you've been caught you dopey c**t?" Or similar.

Off to burgle someone. But don't bother arresting me, it'll cause me financial hardship...

Rick_Rude | 4 years ago
5 likes

Alan Partridge can get a fucking taxi

Knowing me Alan Partridge, knowing you UBER. AH HA!

theloststarfighter | 4 years ago
3 likes

I saw this on the BBC news this morning.  It did not make me laugh one bit and any respect I had for him diminished substantially.  Of course it's been covered here before, how people with far in excess of 12 points can still be driving on the road.  Once you're on 9 points I think you've proved yourself to be a habitual offender who needs extensive retraining or a complete ban until such time as you can prove through a much more vigorous test that you can drive responsibily.

Latest Comments