Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Castelli Sizing help: Perfetto Light 2 SS (Large) vs Perfetto Long sleeve?

I have a castelli Perfetto Light 2 (short sleeve) in Large & it fits me well.
Close fitting, like a second skin but not too tight. 
Awesome piece of kit. I'm considering purchasing the Long Sleeve version but am not sure about the sizing. (I can only buy online where I live).

Has anybody tried or maybe owns both the Short Sleeve Perfetto Light,
& the Long Sleeve Perfetto (or the convertible)?

Would I need a L sized Long Sleeve version, or are they sized differently? 
The convertible is also on my radar so anybody who is willing to share their experience is more than welcome.

Thanks in advance!

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

5 comments

SilverBugle | 4 years ago
0 likes

I looked at getting a Perfetto/Gabba earlier this year.  I tried a Gabba, Perfetter LS and Perfetto Convertible.  I didn't try the light version.

I did it all by mail order as there a no shops with anything like a range of sizes near me.  I am 182cm, 72kg and and a 38ish chest.

What I learn't was:

The material for all 3 seemed to be the same and had very limited stretch, so there is not much room for manoeuvre on sizing.

There was variation in lengths and fit between the same sizes of difference versions.

The sleeves were very tight, and the convertible sleeves were a lot longer than the LS Perfetto.

Large was probably the best fit, but given the price (and these were sale prices) I wasn't completely happy with any of them.  I might have been if there had been more stretch.

My advice is try them all in a range of sizes.  Buy from a company that offeres free returns over a long time.  I used Wiggle/Chain Reaction and Sigman Sport.

Since then I have got another Gabba L to try, but for a long sleeve version I have gone for the DHB Aeron Rain Defence Polartec  jacket.

abrooks | 4 years ago
0 likes

I own both too, both in XL.  I am 178cm and 82kg.

I would agree with thax1.  The Perfetto light 2 ss is very snug without being restrictive.  The Perfetto ls is very slightly more loose, as suggested it could accommodate a thicker base layer +- gilet for the same size.  I wouldn't want to size down though.

thax1 | 4 years ago
0 likes

I own both, and they're both size L.

The short sleeve fits me as-per yours.

Long sleeve has probably a half-inch extra material in the body, just enough to ensure your merino winter base fits in too. I think this was a change from the 'old' Gabba l/s. As you know, the material is thicker in places than the Light.

Both fabulous bits of kit. Buy with confidence:)

maviczap | 4 years ago
0 likes

I've not got the Perfetto light version of the short sleeve jersey, just the standard short sleeve version. But it's the same as the long sleeve, and I wear a large in both. Only the convertible one with detachable sleeves is slightly different I think? But there's not much in it

JF69 | 4 years ago
0 likes

Anyone?

Latest Comments