Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

OK, lets start thinking about the tdf. . . . who is the best value DS?

So who are the best value DS for the tour de france?
Is Deignan ever going to be in a position to finish in the top 10 or will he always sacrifice himself for the team?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

26 comments

thefatcyclist | 12 years ago
0 likes

I haven't even thought about it yet, might even wait until after the Eurosport team intro. Actually I haven't a clue, and I now know that I am tres weak at the start of races, hence my magnificent 7 points in the Giro, which dropped me 1000 places and has taken me till now to get back up to where I am.

dave atkinson | 12 years ago
0 likes
Quote:

I haven't even picked a team cause i dont know if others can see it

nope, they can't

TERatcliffe26 | 12 years ago
0 likes

haha fair enough Gkam, ive got my DS sprint ace up my sleeve anyway (fingers crossed)

Gkam84 replied to TERatcliffe26 | 12 years ago
0 likes
TERatcliffe26 wrote:

haha fair enough Gkam, ive got my DS sprint ace up my sleeve anyway (fingers crossed)

I haven't even picked a team cause i dont know if others can see it  26

I can see at least 5 DS that can sprint and 2 of them that can hold their own against out and out sprinters, not that they will get much of a chance as they are lead out men, unless their guy has a bad day

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

I can tell you now, Cav will not be in my team for the 1st stage, just now worth the cost when everyone else is the team will be scoring the same points give or take a few if they win, plus they aint gonna put Cav in the leaders jersey off the 1st stage anyways, thats just asking for hassle that other teams will give him anyways  19

0 likes

i could tell you who i think the big DS sprint sensation will be, but it will come at a cost.

Well cav will be in my team, at least for the first sprint and TTT.

JAndrewHill | 12 years ago
0 likes

I'm struggling already - all the top value DS I picked yesterday are now not in the start lists.
So who can sprint in the DS list that is left?

Surely with the form Mark Cavendish has shown, he should be reclassified as a DS.....I'll pay 12.0  4 for him then . .

0 likes
Quote:

i dont suppose there is leeway on the categories people are in?

nope

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Right i know its a provisional list, but i dont suppose there is leeway on the categories people are in?

Its just cause i see Radioshack have 4 GC, 1 KM and 4 DS Can a couple of the GC not be classes as All Rounders?  4

0 likes

first provisional list will be up today...

James Warrener | 12 years ago
0 likes

Some bargains to be had at Vacansoleil.

0 likes

Ahh right, but his team isnt racing

I think my actual team is pretty decent but we shall see

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Garzelli is in the list, thats why i picked him

I know its not the final startlist, but i think thats a decent team Swift for some points altho he'll not will a sprint, Cancellara for TT, Gilbert and Schleck for GC. Neyens and Vermeltfoort for break aways and Wilson for last place in GC points  19

dpalazzo replied to Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Sagan is out, racing the Vuelta instead

0 likes

I think you've all been a bit spoilt by your healthy lines of credit. Time to start making those hard decisions and earn your corn as a virtual DS  19  19

0 likes

yeh Gkam you managed it, but i wouldnt call it an overall balanced team. plus garzelli isnt racing

and i very much doubt you can afford that team Andrew Hill

0 likes
Quote:

I do think the value you have slapped on some riders is a bit high and others is far to low

well that's all part of the fun, no? those values were assigned back in December, so some people should look like pretty good value right now  1

JAndrewHill | 12 years ago
0 likes

Can I pick :-
Contador
Cavendish
Moncoutie
Cancellara
Sagan
Thomas
Kruiscjek
Hunter
Sivtsov

0 likes

The fact that the majority of the first week is gonna be sprint stages along with the TTT makes it slightly easier in terms of what domestiques to pick, but will get a better idea after the first stage anyway

Put it this way, no team will be able to afford have gilbert and cancellara in it along with a good GC contender  3

Gkam84 replied to TERatcliffe26 | 12 years ago
0 likes
TERatcliffe26 wrote:

Put it this way, no team will be able to afford have gilbert and cancellara in it along with a good GC contender  3

That sounds like a challenge, i haven't looked at the values yet, but they better have changed in proportion to the credits reset

Ok, i have just found that its easily possible

Andy SCHLECK
Ben SWIFT
Stefano GARZELLI
Fabian CANCELLARA
Philippe GILBERT
Maarten NEYENS
David VEILLEUX
Coen VERMELTFOORT
Matthew WILSON

I do think the value you have slapped on some riders is a bit high and others is far to low  19

0 likes

I've kicked out the teams not in the tour this morning, so the list is a bit shorter. still 444 domestiques to choose from right now though  1

The provisional start list should be up on letour.fr this week.

TERatcliffe26 - yup, the same for everyone, egalité and all that. you can still make some money by picking the riders that perform. the changes aren't as drastic as they have been in the past though, so people won't be reaching the heady heights of 220+ credits that they were up until now...

0 likes

Fair enough Gkam,

although im finding it really difficult to pick any resemblance of a decent team due to the credit reset  2 from 16 credits spare to my team being 18 credits over was not great, so my domestiques have been hit alot and so have my all rounders.

but im guessing its the same for all

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

On another note, see these cards??

They are being held close to my chest, none of this "minor" race i have him, him and him in my team  19

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

only these teams there and he aint going to be at the Vuelta either

The following 18 teams have been selected in compliance with International Cycling Union rules:

OMEGA PHARMA-LOTTO (BEL)
QUICKSTEP CYCLING TEAM (BEL)
SAXO BANK SUNGARD (DEN)
EUSKALTEL-EUSKADI (ESP)
MOVISTAR TEAM (ESP)
AG2R LA MONDIALE (FRA)
SKY PROCYCLING (GBR)
LAMPRE - ISD (ITA)
LIQUIGAS-CANNONDALE (ITA)
PRO TEAM ASTANA (KAZ)
TEAM LEOPARD - TREK (LUX)
RABOBANK CYCLING TEAM (HOL)
VACANSOLEIL-DCM PRO CYCLING TEAM (HOL)
KATUSHA TEAM (RUS)
BMC RACING TEAM (USA)
HTC-HIGHROAD (USA)
TEAM GARMIN-CERVELO (USA)
TEAM RADIOSHACK (USA)

4 other teams, invited by the organisers, will make up the field for the 98th edition of Le Tour:

COFIDIS, LE CREDIT EN LIGNE (FRA)
FDJ (FRA)
SAUR - SOJASUN (FRA)
TEAM EUROPCAR (FRA)

0 likes

rujano's team are not in it i can confirm

Timbo13 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Rujano, if his team are in it (I need to check that). He was the only one close to holding El Beef Cheat in the Giro

Latest Comments