Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Total Scoring for those who starts late in the fantasy game

Hello everyone,

I have a doubt.

I join the game only at the 8 stage of the fantasy game.
I read that there is a oportunity to those players who join the game after it has started, and then there will be another season-long game, this time for the best average stage score. I need to score on a minimum of 45 stages to be eligible and then they will calculate my average from my top 45 scores and put me on the leaderboard.

But i don't know if i stay in the current overall game standings( with the new score, that is the actuall + calculate average for the 7 stages behind) or it will be create a current overall game for those like me.

Can anyone explain that to me, please.

Thanks

Pedro Silva

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

17 comments

rbx | 12 years ago
0 likes

My score seems to have gone down too.

Don't get it though - How can average of best 45 stages be lower than average of all stages?  39

dave atkinson replied to rbx | 12 years ago
0 likes
rbx wrote:

My score seems to have gone down too.

Don't get it though - How can average of best 45 stages be lower than average of all stages?  39

because [total score]/45 is more than [best 45 stages]/45

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Your a bampot cause you pointed it out, i've gone from 84.53 to 82.18  20

dave atkinson | 12 years ago
0 likes

yeah, it was broke. now it's fixed, innit.

At least i think it is  4

hasn't made a *massive* difference to the top of the table, but then we're only just over half way. so the people at the top of the worldtour league are going to be the consistency leaders too

Gmancervelo replied to dave atkinson | 12 years ago
0 likes

Wow, I've rocketed up 2 places to 21!  10

Cheers Dave.

0 likes

Well, tuesday, anyway. Monday's a rest day. but you'll hear about them on monday  1

0 likes

Spot prizes start from monday, when the vast majority of us have given up any aspirations of glory  4

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Yeah but look at the AVG table aswell, the same person who seems to top everything else, lol

Gmancervelo replied to Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

Yeah but look at the AVG table aswell, the same person who seems to top everything else, lol

That's because it's not taking the top 45 scores when working out the average. It's taking all the scores and dividing by 45. So at the moment the average table is identical to the world one.  39

Gkam84 replied to Gmancervelo | 12 years ago
0 likes
Gmancervelo wrote:

That's because it's not taking the top 45 scores when working out the average. It's taking all the scores and dividing by 45. So at the moment the average table is identical to the world one.  39

Are you sure? I think its just because there has only been 52 stages, so there aint going to much difference at this point, but it goes with reason that the top guys are going to be top of the average league aswell

Gmancervelo replied to Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Think so.

Eg Jauman in since the start (52 stages less 2 nullified) is on 4671. /45 gives an average of 103.8 which is the average in the consistency league. so unless Jauman has scored zero in 5 stages,which they haven't, it can't be right.

same for yours (Gkam84) 3804/45 = 84.53

rbx replied to Gmancervelo | 12 years ago
0 likes
Gmancervelo wrote:
Gkam84 wrote:

It's definitely not taking the average of all stages, else my score would be about 6pts below where it is.

The reason both tables are similar right now is because total number of stages (52) is very close to stages counted (45?).

A simple test (and advantage) of the Consistency league table is that your score can never go below what it is right now.

Theoretically, in CL you can beat the top scorer of World Tour even if you score little more than half that person's points. But that'd be an extreme case deserving a grand prize!  4

drheaton | 12 years ago
0 likes

NikkiK, it's all practice and there'll be plenty of spot prizes on offer later in the TdF as well as bigger prizes for the Vuelta too. Plus, it's fun!

NikkiK. | 12 years ago
0 likes

I dunno why I'm even playing I"m going to end up being 3 stages short.  2 Oh well......I'll know better next year.

petiagos | 12 years ago
0 likes

Ok.

Wait and see ..

Thanks guys

0 likes

..and he's right. except the standings will start appearing very soon, not just at the end of the season

(haven't written that bit yet)

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Everyone who scores in 45 or more stages will have their best 45 stages combined and then a average taken at the end of the season

Thats how i think it works

Latest Comments