Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

who's going riding on christmas day?

apologies (again) for cut/paste from singletrack forum.

as i have no family (don't celebrate christmas either bah humbug e.t.c  3 i am going to take advantage of the quiet roads on xmas day (and go for a nice road ride  4 to avebury/marlbrough/pewsey then back to devizes. EVEN IF IT RAINS!  14

anyone else riding on crimbo day?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

46 comments

bfslxo | 11 years ago
0 likes

20 ride on christmas - yeah right!

Mat Brett | 11 years ago
0 likes

I'll do 1hr or 1:30 in the morning - just enough to stop me going nuts in the afternoon.

Do you go up Hackpen Hill, racefaceec90? Love that road from Broad Hinton to Marlborough.

Giant Rob | 11 years ago
0 likes

Snake Pass !! Now I must go out on Boxing Day! Happy Christmas!

mandy | 11 years ago
0 likes

I finish my shift @ 3 tomorow, then its out on the bike,its the one day of the year and the lanes are mine,cant wait  1

The Acai | 11 years ago
0 likes

Rain or shine I'll be out. Thinking that Crimbo might be the best day to attack the snake pass  39

This is my first ever post, go easy  1

SideBurn replied to The Acai | 11 years ago
0 likes
The Acai wrote:

Rain or shine I'll be out. Thinking that Crimbo might be the best day to attack the snake pass  39

This is my first ever post, go easy  1

Go easy? Don't we always? Unless you want to start a 'Lance is innocent' campaign you should be quite safe  4

Giant Rob | 11 years ago
0 likes

Defiantly not Xmas day. The wife won't let me! We have family round and young kids so Santa is more important! Hopefully out for a spin on Boxing Day as the roads are good. Also gets me ready for another lunch!

badback | 11 years ago
0 likes

I'd love to but I think the management will say otherwise. Oh wasn't life more simple when I lived on my own.....

Hypoglycaemic | 11 years ago
0 likes

Yes I hope to get out for a couple of hours on the quieter roads. The Surrey Hills beckon and I doubt I'll be the only one out on the bike! Rain rain go away .........

Squiggle | 11 years ago
0 likes

I'll be turbo training because I'm stuck on a boat. Hoping Rapha will let me off on the no trainer rides in the Festive 500.  39

Forester | 11 years ago
0 likes

Yup, empty nest this year so a walk out to Hurst Castle to please wife, then a quick blast round the rather bizarre Strava sections in the area.

bikecellar | 11 years ago
0 likes

Me and WOR LASS always have xmas dinner on the evening of xmas eve so leaving xmas day free as it were, we have gone out on the tandem on xmas day but finding somewhere for a coffee is difficult so took a flask, but now that I have retired we can go out most anytime we are not on childminding duty so this year perhaps a walk for some fresh air in the afternoon.

darth989 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Definatley going out on xmas, been smashing 7 days a week since the start on november now, lookng forward to getting out for a ride of ony discription.

Raleigh | 11 years ago
0 likes

I'm going to have to summon up legendary amounts of #5 to go out at all next week - 20mm of rain everyday and 40kt wind.

SideBurn | 11 years ago
0 likes

Spare a thought for the people (like me) slaving away for the Queen's shilling. Will be cycling to work as usual...

trikeman | 11 years ago
0 likes

I hope to get out, before the crimbo lunch preperations.... that way I am out of the 'dragons' way as it will be like the muppet show in the kitchen and the last person she would want in there would be me....
I have a great excuse too - 'just working up an appitite my dear' and off to go.

I too am hoping the roads will be a little quieter - though keep away from the 'two for one' christmas luch specials pubs - they will be manic.

Good luck on yours - just the Somerset (not so) levels for me, that's if the waters disperse.

Regards,

Trikeman.  3

Pages

Latest Comments