Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Price inflation

I'm already struggling. One of the cheap fillers in my purist team has pulled out and there are so few cheap riders on the roster that I had to downgrade one of my mid-league riders to accommodate the change.

If any more cheap riders drop out then I'll be screwed. Or seriously compromised.

I need a bigger budget. My human rights are being violated. I'm going to call Strasbourg.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

127 comments

drheaton replied to dave atkinson | 10 years ago
0 likes
Dave Atkinson wrote:

it is possible to like both real cycling *and* fantasy cycling, bikeboy. you're not required to choose one or the other...

Really, I always just assumed that actual cycling was just there to make it clear who gets the fantasy points...

robdaykin (not verified) replied to drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes
drheaton wrote:

Really, I always just assumed that actual cycling was just there to make it clear who gets the fantasy points...

It's you. The real cycling seems to make little difference to that :-P

livestrongnick | 10 years ago
0 likes

So far i've managed to pick a team and have 1.3 credits to play with. So it's not that tight really  19

Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Well the final roster is not complete. It just shows how good the field in the TdF is this season.

So there may be more cheapo's dropped soon when the final roster gets down  4

Leviathan | 10 years ago
0 likes

Oh phew, I clicked on this and though you might not be able to afford some important piece of kit to keep your bike on the road. Instead I find it is just for your *insert pejorative adjective* game.  19 Phew, hope I am not the only one into real cycling not fantasy stuff. I just come here, post, click on ads and buy stuff on wiggle.

sanderville replied to Leviathan | 10 years ago
0 likes
bikeboy76 wrote:

Oh phew, I clicked on this and though you might not be able to afford some important piece of kit to keep your bike on the road. Instead I find it is just for your *insert pejorative adjective* game.

Aha! I see your confusion, bikebot. I posted in the Fantasy Cycling forum but you thought it was about real cycling.

No, it was about that stupid, useless game that the owners of this website have spent years developing for the 20,000+ people who love it. I'm sure you're right that none of them even have bikes, that's why they are so keen on road racing.

bikeboy76 wrote:

Phew, hope I am not the only one into real cycling not fantasy stuff. I just come here, post, click on ads and buy stuff on wiggle.

Erm, ok. I don't think Wiggle would want to be associated with you. In fact I'll bet all my dhb kit on it.

Leviathan replied to sanderville | 10 years ago
0 likes
Sanderville wrote:

Erm, ok. I don't think Wiggle would want to be associated with you. In fact I'll bet all my dhb kit on it.

Well they seem quite happy to be taking my money this week. Just pointing out that there are alternative revenue streams for road.cc.

Pages

Latest Comments