Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Track Accreditation

Hi All

I have been going to the NCC in Manchester and am trying to get my track accreditation sorted out so that I can race next season, the only problem is that there does not seam ever to be anyone that is ready, or wants to do the assessment, so as it stands, for the past 3 months all I can do is attend the Taster Sessions.

I have sent off emails to some of the local clubs, but most of them either do not race on the track, or have not replied.

So

Does anyone have any advice or a contact in Manchester that may be able to help out, or is there anyone that wants to do the accreditation and join in with me, if there are more that 4 we can be assessed when ready and move on together?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

4 comments

Some Fella | 10 years ago
0 likes

Perhaps you can speak to those in your group on any one day to see if any want to get accreditation and then book a future, mutually convenient session. If you cant rustle up 4 people perhaps put a little card on the noticeboard asking people to get in touch with the same plan. Ive seen a lot of people are in the same boat as you - want to move on but can never get a decent line going because of the mixed abilities.
Ive thought about getting accreditation but decided it took some of the fun out of it and was a bit too much pressure (i have no intention of racing) otherwise would offer to join you . Have you thought about joining Manchester Wheelers - they have regular session and would help you get moved on im sure?

jason.timothy.jones replied to Some Fella | 10 years ago
0 likes
Some Fella wrote:

Perhaps you can speak to those in your group on any one day to see if any want to get accreditation and then book a future, mutually convenient session. If you cant rustle up 4 people perhaps put a little card on the noticeboard asking people to get in touch with the same plan. Ive seen a lot of people are in the same boat as you - want to move on but can never get a decent line going because of the mixed abilities.
Ive thought about getting accreditation but decided it took some of the fun out of it and was a bit too much pressure (i have no intention of racing) otherwise would offer to join you . Have you thought about joining Manchester Wheelers - they have regular session and would help you get moved on im sure?

Thanks Fella, Notice board is a great idea, I will do that. I have sent the Wheelers an email, but didn't get a reply, it maybe worth me shooting off another one.

To be honest, I never thought about racing, but went to a taster session and really did get hooked, I have no idea why going around in loops is so much fun...it just is, I also thought that as Im starting to age a bit now I need to get my fitness back in shape, and looking at some of the Masters Results from a few years ago, im only 5-6 seconds a lap of doing quite well

Thanks for the tips

netclectic | 10 years ago
0 likes

If you can get yourself up to Glasgow they do a final accreditation session every Thursday evening 18:00 to 20:00 - http://www.emiratesarena.co.uk/velodrome/Pages/booking-form.aspx

jason.timothy.jones replied to netclectic | 10 years ago
0 likes
netclectic wrote:

If you can get yourself up to Glasgow they do a final accreditation session every Thursday evening 18:00 to 20:00 - http://www.emiratesarena.co.uk/velodrome/Pages/booking-form.aspx

May have to consider this, be a shame being that the NCC is pretty much on my front door and I need to travel to another "country" for accreditation

Latest Comments