Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Claris hydraulic brakes?

Slightly off topic i know, but most MTB forums seem to dead: 

I dropped my bike and my Tektro MD275 brake lever popped out, took it to my LBS as it should have been a straightforward fix it with the correct tools. Go back a few days later only to find that they’d replaced the whole brake lever assembly with a Claris one. I rejected it and asked them to put the old one back on. 

I’ve been looking online for Claris flat bar brakes but they don’t seem to exist in hydraulic form- has anyone ever heard of them?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

4 comments

OnYerBike | 8 months ago
1 like

Shimano have a pretty comprehensive archive: https://productinfo.shimano.com/#/archive 

I haven't looked through it fully, but AFAIK no, there is not and has never been a "Claris" hydraulic brake lever (flat bar or otherwise).

The entry level flat bar hydraulic brake lever is the BL-MT200 (steel) / BL-MT201 (aluminium), which is found across CUES, Acera, Altus and Alivio. But not Claris. 

Wingguy | 8 months ago
1 like

Does it actually say Claris on it? Sure it's not an MT200?

Supers79 replied to Wingguy | 8 months ago
0 likes

It absolutely said Claris, could be a cheap knock-off or is their a historical Claris brake lever? 

Podc replied to Supers79 | 8 months ago
0 likes

Could it have been Clarks? If it was you definitely did the right thing.

Latest Comments