Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Classic Vintage Bikes

Can you help me please ? Do we like classic vintage road bikes (immaculate) that are kitted-out with modern components ?
Thanks

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

4 comments

David9694 | 3 years ago
0 likes

yes - I typically re-spray an EBay 531 frame, spring the rear and fit modern-ish components, so far as possible in silver.

Where I've gone 11/8" stem and "modern" bars, I find it looks neither one nor t'other - the stem looks really chunky atop the 1" adaptor.
I'm not prepared to pay silly prices for old Eroica type equipment, although you can sometimes salvage by buying a complete bike. I've had some success polishing up tarnished old rims, but I don't think I've got the patience to tackle drivetrain components. 

I don't particularly like brifters and prefer to make a saving and run downtube shift levers and Dia Compe brake levers in tan or black.

Out of preference for silver, I run some square taper Stronglight cranks, but that has proved that proper Shimano ones shift better. 

mdavidford | 3 years ago
1 like

Who is 'we'?

Is this just an attempt to start an argument out of boredom?

Duncan1968 | 3 years ago
0 likes

Can you help me please ? Do we like classic vintage road bikes (immaculate) that are kitted-out with modern components ?
Thanks

fukawitribe replied to Duncan1968 | 3 years ago
1 like

Yeah, why not.

Latest Comments