Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Saddle swap?

Hi
I currrently ride the cheapest of the toupes range and find it ok. The only thing against would probably be it flares at the edges a little too much and can cause a bit of irritation.
I have been looking at the expert gel one with the adaptive edges or switching completely to maybe the power arc with more of a contoured shape.
Does anyone have any experience with these ‘adaptive edges’ and are they all they’re cracked up to be?? I think they could provide the answer I’ve been looking for.

Could swapping completely to the arc be too much of a jump/risk being a completely different shape?

Cheers

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

2 comments

Cargobike | 3 years ago
0 likes

The answer will depend upon how wide your sit bones are. Without knowing that nobody can give you anything like a sensible answer. Ideally, you need to be going into a store and trying a few different saddles out for size, rather difficult at the moment.

I'm not sure what else I can add to that right now as saddles are very much a personal choice.

Popeye77 replied to Cargobike | 3 years ago
0 likes

Measured my sit bones just the other week actually. They're 10.5cm. 

this would suggest a 130 saddle and would explain the slight discomfort on my current saddle.  
Ive also looked at the Romin. This looks like a decent saddle with flatter edges. 
I suppose the question is do I get a saddles where the edges are always flatter (Romin) or one that adapts to my body shape (toupe)??

I may even contact spec and see if they'd do a swap if one doesn't work out then go with the Romin to start with 

Latest Comments