Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Techalogic CR-1 Advice, please

My new camera arrived - one of the above.

I'm happy with it for the price, and the "rear view mirror" option seems great.

Two questions:

1 - It does not seem to have a "click to mark video time" function, so I am I correct I need to develop a good memory for time points in a video?

2 - Can anyone suggest a suitable inexpensive Smartphone to use with it, as I am not keen to have my normal phone on the front of the bike? Ideally I'd be able to use the same phone for navigating etc.

Cheers

Matt

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

4 comments

mattw | 2 months ago
1 like

Thank-you for the comments all.

NOtotheEU | 2 months ago
1 like

Touch screen smart phones start at £5 at CEX. I don't think there is a way to mark points on the recording on the camera but there may be a 'one touch' way to mark a point or take a photo if you're using a phone as a rearview camera. When I use my DC-1 with the Roadcam app on my phone there is a 'take photo' button on screen. If not you can always pull over and take a screenshot as Tom_77 suggested.

Tom_77 | 2 months ago
3 likes

Quote:

It does not seem to have a "click to mark video time" function, so I am I correct I need to develop a good memory for time points in a video?

If you take a screenshot on your phone (on Android press the power and volume down buttons at the same time) then the screenshot will have a time stamp. So that's one way to record the time of incidents.

Spangly Shiny | 2 months ago
3 likes

Cheap refurbished phones available at this site:
https://www.envirofone.com/en-gb/buy/unlocked-phones/search

Personally I'm not so sqeamish about mounting my phone on the stem: I'd rather have it up front than burning up next to my kidneys in the case of an off. I use a Quad Lock set up on mine, it simply works.
https://www.quadlockcase.co.uk/products/bike-mount?variant=347933016082

Latest Comments