Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Romandie 22

A race for time trialists and puncheurs. No sprinters or big name GC men. So only a miserable $120 budget.

6 stages but note that they are named "prologue" plus "stg1 to stg 5"

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

40 comments

Dr Winston | 2 years ago
0 likes

Great race this one...and agreed with Tony's summary. Most races are either sprinter or GC biased... but this one is a definite outlier. Good stuff. 

Condor Andy | 2 years ago
0 likes

Won't be around to score this one either. Moved house last week and my new internet has been delayed by over a week.

tony kappler replied to Condor Andy | 2 years ago
1 like

I'm OK to score, but it will at dawn Down Under.

NOTE to all; somehow the transfer deadlines are 2 hours too early for Romandie. I have let Dave know. I shall endeavour to manipulate times so that deadlines are at stage start. Hopefully Dave will have a universal solution, (I suspect daylight saving clock has been wound the wrong way), otherwise I might have to do it on a day to day basis. (I am worried that if both Dave and I do changes at the same time, the deadline might become 2 hrs too late).

teckert replied to tony kappler | 2 years ago
0 likes

Presume this wasn't fixed?
I missed the deadline stupidly as I didnt pay attention to the time on the site. So no Purist team for me and I'll start the Standard from Stage 2.  2

tony kappler replied to teckert | 2 years ago
0 likes

The problem is/was that the deadline was too early and I had to keep making it later. All deadlines should now be close to stage start time.

There is still a problem that the "transfer deadline" on the "dashboard" page is 2 hours too early, which may entice some to do transfers too early.

I seem to do a lot of deadline time changes, which is mind bending from the other side of the world, because you don't have an internal clock to tell you roughly when a race should start or when daylight saving starts. (The Tour Down Under is much easier). I sometimes feel like I am in an episode of "Russian Doll" (Netflix).

tony kappler replied to teckert | 2 years ago
0 likes

Ahh, I've worked it out, the game clock is set to UTC (Coordinated Universal Time). How many of us knew that? And re my previous comments, I didn't realise that the UK was 1 hour behind the rest of Europe.

11waterloo replied to tony kappler | 2 years ago
1 like

If you are about 12 hours ahead of us, you will know the results before the race has started....no wonder you are so damn good at this game! 😂 😂 😂 😂 

Seriously, it can't be easy keeping the game running from the other side of the world - it is appreciated! 

11waterloo | 2 years ago
0 likes

Oddly, Gaviria is down to ride. Either he's misread the road book or he's getting some suffering in before the Giro!

stevemarks replied to 11waterloo | 2 years ago
0 likes

Yes I wondered about that, Thought he might be here for the prologue. sad

11waterloo wrote:

Oddly, Gaviria is down to ride. Either he's misread the road book or he's getting some suffering in before the Giro!

11waterloo replied to stevemarks | 2 years ago
0 likes

He maybe has a chance tomorrow? He does survive some hills occasionally! 

Pages

Latest Comments