Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Spring Classics

About to go live with this one. First up is a double header with Omloop and Kuurne at the weekend. The latter is one of 2 Pro races included in a 15 race competition.

Start lists will be pretty dynamic. I'll often hold of on wholesale changes until start lists are finalised. Otherwise players will receive emails that their riders are not racing and maybe make premature changes and use up valuable transfers. If you do want to change early then select the 'Show all riders' option.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

75 comments

Dr Winston replied to 11waterloo | 2 years ago
0 likes

It's difficult for sure. Even having planned for that there are so many races that go long and short for the finishes. Le Samyn yesterday being a case in point.... that Trentin win was brilliant but he could just as easily have ended up nowhere.

11waterloo replied to Dr Winston | 2 years ago
0 likes

The unpredictability has made for some cracking races already this year. K-B-K and Le Samyn showed both possible outcomes and made for a tense finish in each case. It was quite nice that Le Samyn wasn't in the game, I could enjoy it with no other agenda! 

Daniel Norton | 2 years ago
0 likes

In an alternative Universe, I won't have a bad start every season in the bloody Spring Classics.  Every fecking year!

My favourite races, but I just can't stop myself taking dumb chances.

Dr Winston replied to Daniel Norton | 2 years ago
0 likes

I picked bad on day one and threw a couple more transfers than I wanted to to try and catch up. Not ideal. 

11waterloo replied to Dr Winston | 2 years ago
0 likes

The upside of the one day series is that one race can totally transform your fortunes .... I'm still waiting for that to happen! 

Gkam84 | 2 years ago
0 likes

Good luck to everyone, I totally forgot about the game. Not one email to say anything about the season starting...etc before the UAE tour. No reminded. Nothing at all from the game, pretty sad, but I've now made the choice not to take part this season having missed a couple of races already. Shame, used to be a fun game but seems to have gone stagnant in recent years as people give up.

hubertoi | 2 years ago
0 likes

Omloop is in 12 hours and Tim Wellens is still not on the fantasy start list, even though he's been confirmed for a while and probably the favorite to win.

Sniffer replied to hubertoi | 2 years ago
0 likes

hubertoi wrote:

probably the favorite to win.

Wow, quite a prediction!  Won't make my team,

You can pick him by selecting all riders.  Remember the game is primarily run by volunteers who do a great job, but are not infallible.

hubertoi replied to Sniffer | 2 years ago
0 likes

Oh right I didn't know that existed thx.

Dr Winston replied to hubertoi | 2 years ago
0 likes

Yeah... gotta watch out for those....

It's also a very good tool for planning future transfers in the one day/classics games. 

Condor Andy replied to hubertoi | 2 years ago
0 likes

I mention the 'Show all riders' option in the post above.

Condor Andy replied to hubertoi | 2 years ago
0 likes

He didn't start anyway

Dr Winston replied to Condor Andy | 2 years ago
0 likes

Any idea why not?... I followed the paper trail after reading Hubertoi's post and he definitely looked down to start. Good start to the season for him as well. 

Sniffer replied to Dr Winston | 2 years ago
0 likes

Commentary mentioned he had taken unwell the night before.

Dr Winston replied to Sniffer | 2 years ago
0 likes

Ah... that's a shame. He does ok for the early races usually. 

Pages

Latest Comments