Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Interview with Rapha's Simon Mottram

From the Evening Standard business section a couple of days ago:

www.standard.co.uk/business/business-interview-raphas-simon-mottram-the-...

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

4 comments

phebeM | 5 years ago
0 likes

Castelli is my first choice. But rapha is always great on color setting.

Organon | 5 years ago
2 likes

I don't know why people are so down on Rapha all the time, I love their kit, it is so well made; I bid on it on ebay whenever I can.

Htc replied to Organon | 5 years ago
3 likes

Organon wrote:

I don't know why people are so down on Rapha all the time, I love their kit, it is so well made; I bid on it on ebay whenever I can.

Agreed - thought it was a bit nobby before I actually tried some and now it’s my first choice. The pro shorts have the best pad I’ve tried and the pro-team aero jerseys have a really nice fit and feel. 

Nathan79 replied to Htc | 5 years ago
2 likes

Htc wrote:

Organon wrote:

Agreed - thought it was a bit nobby before I actually tried some and now it’s my first choice. The pro shorts have the best pad I’ve tried and the pro-team aero jerseys have a really nice fit and feel. 

Also agreed, yes its a stretch at times to pay the full price for the gear but it fits so well and the quality of its construction is second to none. I've got plenty of lower tier clothing (think DHB etc) which is fantastic and is my winter clothing of choice when its grubby outside, but they're not as comfy as the Rapha gear.

Latest Comments