Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

forum

Dumb arse laughter..

Had best day.

Moz's in hospital. Paralyzed right side.

Although winter, it's like a Welsh summer day. (Expect it's sunny without cloud. Lol)
Thought righto.. I'll go bang 100kms.
Bike I built has something stiff near rear axle.. Lube it later. Grabbed the $100 special.
(This is why I fail as a mechanic.. I've realized I'm limited to flats, down the beach and the few 7%s with clear runway exits)
Never in a rush.. Started to climb the back of the local mountain (less steep), hopped off, walked her up.. Ain't far.. Walking a nice stretch anyway.
Remembered Moz, came down the steep through the twisties. I can't bang lots of speed on this bike, frame slightly short and doesn't allow reduced windage and high torque. Hit 71kmph 10-20metre before 1st hairpin. Arse end soon breached traction, released clamp yet she'd gone. Friggin high as a kite dude, had eaten 2 pieces of celery and an apple.
I think it's the first road bike skid I've done.. Brakes off fearing buckle, it just hangs out anyhow..
At hospital, obtained permission to take mate out in wheelchair. His leg numb. Front wheel clipped grass and he rolled out. Head held high he grazed his leg. Paralyzed leg now bloody: A tiny graze with runny blood. I looked at him, he looked at me. We couldn't stop laughing. I lifted him into chair. His left foot kicked the left foot rest. His shaking right leg(normally still) almost flattened the right foot rest. He used his left to finish task.
We kept laughing, he wasn't hurt.. Although paralyzed, his right leg received about 5 minutes of self strenuous exercise (shaky snaky).
A small gift too (a pain spot). He'll be 'right; rhythm will find.
Nurses complained a bit..  3 doctor looked impressed though.  1

Trippy aye.. He won our best bike vs wheelchair race.. Lazy can't. He did though..

I'm amazed some of you guys come down in peletons.
Congratulations

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

9 comments

Boatsie | 4 years ago
0 likes

Thanks brooksby..
I just wanted to show thank you.
I lied above. I was on the brakes! The corner is a 15 signpost I think. 10-20 metres out was first skid. Released and clamped again. Second skid kept skidding after clamps release.
Stoked on 37 hole rims. 36 heavy spokes and breath hole. Welsh love Wales.

Mungecrundle | 4 years ago
3 likes

"Head held high he grazed his leg. Paralyzed leg now bloody: A tiny graze with runny blood. I looked at him, he looked at me. We couldn't stop laughing."

Not sure of your actual intent, but to me this is an image of a deep friendship. I love the idea that "Head held high" refers to your friend retaining his dignity and personality despite being currently unwell.

You sound like a first rate mate. Hope Moz makes a speedy recovery.

Boatsie replied to Mungecrundle | 4 years ago
2 likes
Mungecrundle wrote:

"Head held high he grazed his leg. Paralyzed leg now bloody: A tiny graze with runny blood. I looked at him, he looked at me. We couldn't stop laughing."

Not sure of your actual intent, but to me this is an image of a deep friendship. I love the idea that "Head held high" refers to your friend retaining his dignity and personality despite being currently unwell.

You sound like a first rate mate. Hope Moz makes a speedy recovery.

Thanks..
That's what stunned the doctor..
All this malpractice and whatever.. Just needed a gentle push from his mate..
Recovery, yeah.. He had a mild moment of coordination of foot yet he's paralyzed.
Recon half the time the untestable rhythm that is plus ultra active isn't something or rather and hence the still. Plus the months of fat hence shaky snaky a purr fit build.

Yet if hospital staff did such, I'm sure stranger would be, hence healing is different.

He loved it man.. The feeling of tired muscles.

Head held high.. Um when he rolled of the chair..  1 just his leg hit..  1

brooksby | 4 years ago
2 likes

Ah, Boatsie, you do it again!  4

The _Kaner | 4 years ago
1 like

"had eaten 2 pieces of celery and an apple"

Is this code? for 'shrooms...

WTAF is this all about!

Hirsute replied to The _Kaner | 4 years ago
2 likes

The _Kaner wrote:

"had eaten 2 pieces of celery and an apple"

Is this code? for 'shrooms...

WTAF is this all about!

Poetry - boatsie for the Noble Peace Prize for Literature.

Boatsie | 4 years ago
0 likes

1 way difficult. Easier to go Watt a wheel aye.

Rapha Nadal | 4 years ago
0 likes

What?

Boatsie | 4 years ago
0 likes

There's my tap out to hill climbing. You guys/girls have amazing strength.

(Don't know where the photo went. It amused me)

Latest Comments