Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

What new tyres for new bike?????

Right then. First post on here. My new Cervelo is awaiting the last few parts so it can be built. HED Ardennes ordered so now I need tyres. I'm trying to decide between Mich Pro 3's, Cont GP4000s or Vittoria Open Corsa CX clinchers. Read reviews on the net (mainly US reviews) and there are mixed reviews on all of them ranging from the best tyres ever to complete rubbish!

The conti's sidewalls are crap? Mich's puncture easy?

Any thoughts from you guys appreciated!

Cheers

Mike

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

5 comments

Jon Burrage | 14 years ago
0 likes

Dave and I rode on the conti's yesterday and they were very nice. Smooth with little effort to get them rolling. There were several punctures along the route too but none (that Im aware of) with the conti's.

Blackhound | 14 years ago
0 likes

I like the Schwalbe Ultremo's, they look nice as well  1

Fancied some Ardennes but they went up massively last year and decided I couldn't justify the spend, ah well.

dave atkinson | 14 years ago
0 likes

i'd go for contis because the new 24mm carcass will work really well with the wider rim of the ardennes wheelset. i'm sure you can find bad reviews of them but the people i've talked to that have used them were overwhelmingly positive about them

narch | 14 years ago
0 likes

I've been very happy with my panaracer evo2s to be honest through training, winter commuting and the etape ( good grip and no punctures at all) but do fancy a pair of Michelin Pro3s for Summer from discussion with mates who ride on them.

DaSy | 14 years ago
0 likes

I have settled on Conti GP4000S's after trying most of the competition in the past.

They are fairly hard wearing, pretty robust and don't do the P-word too easily (I didn't say it so please forgive me!), and roll really well.

I used to like Michelin Pro's which I think do roll slightly better, but they used to get cut to bits all the time. I never wore a pair out, they would get too damaged to ride before then.

I have managed to wear a few pairs of Conti's out, and you do get good mileages from them, a guesstimate would say I get around 4K miles from a rear tyre.

Latest Comments