Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Insurance...?

Hello y'all. Le Tour is proving to be another crakcing race, can't wait for the Alps. Some of those heli shots are incredible.

I digress. Just wondering what insurance any of you have, and who with and how much?

A friend and I are off to France on Thursday to catch some of the tour and my two bikes I'm taking have a combined new value of £3500 (Scott Ransom and a Kona Zing Deluxe).

They'll be kept inside the car and locked to something inside the car, but even so, I'd like to have them covered, just in case some little French 'merdes' take them away.

Cheers.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

3 comments

Tony Farrelly | 14 years ago
0 likes

There's some insurance info here http://road.cc/content/blog/2602-cycling-media-weekend

Both CTC and British Cycling to competitive bike insurance, there's also the likes of Cycleguard. Last time I checked the CTC was the cheapest of the three, but their cover comes courtesy of one of the big insurers (might have been Churchill) and certainly in the past they were slightly less than even the CTC. That might not be the case now and anyway a couple of quid extra for the CTC is probably a good thing.

dave atkinson | 14 years ago
0 likes

have you checked what your motor and home contents policies will cover you for? some are more generous than others...

Fringe | 14 years ago
0 likes

if your a member of CTC they do a fairly reasonable insurance package, i found its normally 5-10% cheaper than other less cycling specific insurers.

Latest Comments