Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Road Race Tickets

Can I just rage impotently about my inability to secure tickets to the Box Hill enclosure of shame. Is there a class I can attend on how to buy tickets? Does everyone else have some clever trick to do this. 45 minutes of my life and F### all to show for it! Aaaaaarrrgh!

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

9 comments

Simon Fisher | 11 years ago
0 likes

There are just as good free areas to view inside the loop, on box hill - and a lot of events in the area like the road.cc event and the ZICO box hill festival of cycling. Cycling should be free! Let's keep it that way!

Greensox | 11 years ago
0 likes

Thanks for the comments (particularly Bridlematt's enigmatic post). Feels slightly better to know that it wasn't purely my own incompetence, but commiserations to all.

Now I'm wondering about a nice cycle friendly pub on the Brompton road. Any suggestions?

bridlematt | 11 years ago
0 likes

Jay B | 11 years ago
0 likes

Had the same problem = requested the tickets, waited for ages, got the OK that the requested tickets were available and went to payment page, put my card details in (all as quickly as possible!) and got bounced out at this stage. Terrible system. Complained but a complete waste of time. Very very bad and talk about creating bad will......

ironbloke | 11 years ago
0 likes

Me too -  39

Bet they turn up in the hands of touts.

Which channel is it going to be on? I'll just have to stay at home and watch - shame.

andylul | 11 years ago
0 likes

The only surprise is that anyone's surprised...

Some Fella | 11 years ago
0 likes

Even Bradley Wiggins wife had to go through the indignity of having to try and get tickets (she still hadnt succeeded at time of writing).
The words 'pi55 up' and 'brewery' spring to mind.

othello | 11 years ago
0 likes

I got to the payment confirmation page 3 times and was bounced out each time. Annoying to say the least.

onlyonediane | 11 years ago
0 likes

Despite logging on at 11, didn't get a ticket for the time trials. Miffed to say the least!

Latest Comments