Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

forum

Annoying Full Screen Pop ups :-/

I don't know what Road.cc were thinking but their introduction of full screen pop ups is impossible and if it continues I won't be visiting the site very often.  I can put up with the regular ones, road.cc has to pay for the site somehow but the full screen ones when you are trying to read 

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

9 comments

VIPcyclist | 1 month ago
1 like

I immediately navigate away.

hawkinspeter | 1 month ago
1 like

I can recommend running pihole on your home network/router however it does cause a problem with Road.cc's use of go.skimresources.com on most of the links.

achrn | 1 month ago
1 like

I don't come here often, I admit.  Having just got half-a-dozen full-screen popups in the space of trying to read one article I won't be coming back for quite some time - this site is now unusable.

HLaB replied to achrn | 1 month ago
1 like

I'm about to give up on the site after getting a full screen pop 5 or 6 times in every reply I try to type  2

David9694 | 1 month ago
0 likes

I use Adblock Plus.  It's not perfect, and I am getting a lot of Temu ads on here - my fave is pissed-off wig lady - has anyone else seen her lately? 

Hirsute replied to David9694 | 1 month ago
3 likes

Adguard is the best but requires a fee.

I just pay the subscription here to salve my conscience.

mark1a | 1 month ago
3 likes

The ads go away for £19.99 a year...

Rendel Harris | 1 month ago
3 likes

Absolutely ludicrous, just tried to read the E-scooter collision with cyclist story and gave up after having to close the fullscreen pop-up five times in 30 seconds. I really hope this is just an error in programming that will be corrected because it is making the site absolutely unusable for those articles it appears on (doesn't seem to be all of them).

Tom_77 | 1 month ago
0 likes

Try using Private Browsing mode / Incognito mode, or whatever your browser calls it.

Latest Comments