Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

BBC confuses motorcycle with e-bike (deliberately?)

A video story on BBC this morning purports to show "the moment an e-bike rider collided with a pedestrian before tumbling from his bike."

The BBC are being mischievous by using the term ebike for something which is clearly not a legal EAPC, thereby associating both together.

But also, looking closely at the video, it seems that the innocent pedestrian in fact outstretched his arm to deliberately catch the handlebar of the motorbike, thereby causing the rider to crash heavily. So not exactly how the BBC presents things.

I'll attache two clips below.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

32 comments

mitsky replied to Sriracha | 1 week ago
4 likes

Whilst I do not condone violence...

The rider was riding at excessive speed on an area which is evidently not meant for motor vehicles.
The rider rode towards and exceptionally close to the pedestrian, probably in an attempt to intimidate/scare him and thus feel "empowered" when it had plenty of space to pass more safely (which is debatable anyway given the speed etc).

I'm glad the pedestrian didn't appear to be significantly hurt by the impact, regardless of whether he intended the rider to fall off by extending his arm/hand.

Basically, the rider was an idiot.
It F-ed about and found out the results of its actions.

jh2727 replied to mitsky | 1 week ago
3 likes

mitsky wrote:

Whilst I do not condone violence...

The rider was riding at excessive speed on an area which is evidently not meant for motor vehicles.
The rider rode towards and exceptionally close to the pedestrian, probably in an attempt to intimidate/scare him and thus feel "empowered" when it had plenty of space to pass more safely (which is debatable anyway given the speed etc).

I'm glad the pedestrian didn't appear to be significantly hurt by the impact, regardless of whether he intended the rider to fall off by extending his arm/hand.

Basically, the rider was an idiot.
It F-ed about and found out the results of its actions.

The pedestrian suffered a fractured wrist - scaphoid bone, which is quite slow healing. One of the articles reports that he had to wear plaster cast and was 'under the care of medics' for 2 months. He will have been in a cast and unable to drive or cycle for at least 6 months.

Pages

Latest Comments