Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Do you submit video footage to the police? We want to hear from you

As I mentioned in this article earlier this week, we’re currently having a close look at how police handle video submissions of close passes, including how that varies between forces such as how people can submit footage plus the likelihood of action being taken against motorists.

Obviously, we have plenty of background detail in submissions to our Near Miss of the Day series, but for consistency we’d appreciate it if you could take a few minutes to answer the following questions and email it to info [at] road.cc (subject: Police%20video%20submissions) with 'Police video submissions' in the header. Your answers will be invaluable in helping shape our project.

1 – When did you start using a video camera?
2 – Why did you start using one?
3 – Front, rear or both, and where are they mounted?
4 – How regularly do you submit footage to the police, and which force(s)?
5 – How easy was it to upload the footage? (separate answer for each force if applicable)
6 – Did police notify you of outcome? (separate answer for each force if applicable)
7 – Feel free to mention any specific cases that stick out either for good (eg driver successfully prosecuted) or bad reasons, plus anything else you want to add.

Thanks in advance

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

8 comments

carlosdsanchez | 1 year ago
0 likes

Missed this one, so I'm a week late. email sent.

AlsoSomniloquism | 1 year ago
0 likes

Just done mine. I'm glad someone reminded me as it dropped off the recent forum posts. 

Hirsute | 1 year ago
0 likes

Done

hawkinspeter | 1 year ago
1 like

Just sent mine

Simon_MacMichael replied to hawkinspeter | 1 year ago
0 likes

Thanks, I'll look out for it.

Bungle_52 | 1 year ago
1 like

Sent mine in. Any one else done it?

Rendel Harris replied to Bungle_52 | 1 year ago
1 like

Yep, I did because I am very interested to see what they find out and hopefully it can be useful in encouraging the authorities to develop more consistent policies.

Simon_MacMichael replied to Bungle_52 | 1 year ago
1 like

Bungle_52 wrote:

We've had a decent and very interesting response, first piece in a series based on the replies (and other sources) will be going up very shortly, thanks to everyone who got back to us.

Latest Comments