Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

forum

Pro-cycling article on BristolPost

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

9 comments

Cargobike | 3 years ago
1 like

Seems quite tame tbh.

A piece like that in my local rag would bring out many, many times more comments usually with a healthy dose of xenophobia and casual racism thrown in for good measure.

I find it's an extremely good way of measuring the lie of the nation and how the majority of the population are a bunch of moronic arseholes.

hawkinspeter | 3 years ago
0 likes
Hirsute replied to hawkinspeter | 3 years ago
0 likes

"
How many laws have the likes of Ezerbad and the Mushrooms broken this week? Whilst riding around with their acorns on display?. Too many to count is my guess."

Err translation please !!

brooksby replied to Hirsute | 3 years ago
0 likes

The Bristol post comments, like many forums, have 'regulars' who all know each other by username, are all convinced that the others are using multiple sockpuppets, and hate each other with a quite astounding virulence...

Hirsute replied to brooksby | 3 years ago
0 likes

Thanks
I should make a trip west based on article 2.

hawkinspeter replied to Hirsute | 3 years ago
1 like

I rarely visit the comments (I have to switch to Chrome to even see them) on BristolPost, but you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

By all means come and visit. We're even getting 3 roads pedestrianised in the centre: https://www.bristol247.com/news-and-features/news/three-city-centre-roads-to-be-closed-to-traffic/

brooksby | 3 years ago
3 likes

Well, more kind of pro-ish... 

(I notice that they didn't turn on commenting)

hawkinspeter replied to brooksby | 3 years ago
0 likes

Do they usually have comments on opinion pieces? Or did they deliberately turn off comments because she mentions them in the article?

brooksby replied to hawkinspeter | 3 years ago
0 likes

I think they allow comments on most stuff that mentions cycling. Click bait, dontcha know...

Latest Comments