Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Vuelta a Espana

Hi to everybody. Best race of the year coming up. 

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

166 comments

11waterloo replied to Dr Watson | 1 week ago
0 likes

It's been a hard race to call. The scoring is lower than the Giro or TdF in terms of the leaders score.

MinardiM189 replied to 11waterloo | 1 week ago
0 likes

So many breaks, the GC riders have scored very few points compared to TdF & Giro.

My purist score is abysmal.

0 likes

Hopefully my switch to more break riders pays off.

11waterloo replied to MinardiM189 | 1 week ago
0 likes

Same for me. Took Vine out after crash yesterday but he's made it into early break. Hopefully not going to go KoM crazy! 

11waterloo replied to 11waterloo | 1 week ago
0 likes

And Vine goes for KoM while Soler doesn't.... sums my decision making up!

0 likes

DSM were pulling in the peleton but it looks like that is the break for the day now.

I risked keeping Vine in, hopefully he will go for it tomorrow too.

0 likes

I have a rule of not trusting riders the day after a crash so took Vine out. Wanted to get Soler in as he looked favourite to go for KoM points so took out Carapaz  and brought in Lipowitz to keep my GC rider quota. No looking too clever currently....

0 likes

Lipowitz is good for tomorrow too.

I dropped Carapaz & Gaudu, I never thought today would be a GC day and I needed to do something to try and win the competition and at the same time mark some other players who had Soler.

0 likes

Yes, I felt I had to roll the dice to stand any chance of winning. I'll have to settle for top ten realistically. 

0 likes

Looking like some GC teams want a win today. Boo hoo indecision

Looks like an utter disaster for me.

Sniffer replied to MinardiM189 | 1 week ago
0 likes

One of those days where having plenty of transfers available was a curse. Sat on my hands today, I decided the mental pain of making bad decisions outweighed the pain of no decision.

Six transfers available for tomorrow, how many do I use to screw things up with.

MinardiM189 replied to Sniffer | 1 week ago
0 likes

I had to do something to try and win, so dropped Gauda & Carapaz for Soler and Zana.

It didn't work out and Dunbar winning made it even worse.

11waterloo replied to Sniffer | 1 week ago
0 likes

I went the other way and threw 3 transfers at it. Got the winner but other 2 were wasted. 

0 likes

Dunbar has been a curse for me in this race.

Dr Watson replied to MinardiM189 | 1 week ago
0 likes

Poole has been my problem. Too good to take out but no GCpts to back him up as a pick. Daft pick. 

Lipowitz should have been the pick but I was just short. 

Dr Watson replied to Sniffer | 1 week ago
0 likes

Too many transfers can be a big problem for sure. I've gotta get my head straight with this game again. I've saved four transfers for the last day, which is ok, but I should have taken two days worth of pts in the mountains, instead of saving for one day of TT pts with at least one of those. 

11waterloo replied to Dr Watson | 1 week ago
0 likes

I agree. I try and save up transfers and often don't use them when I should. Mountain Renegade has always had the best transfer strategy. He's never afraid to use transfers  when they are needed, even very early in a race. I tend to squirrel them away for a rainy day!

Sniffer replied to Dr Watson | 1 week ago
0 likes

Used 5 of my 6 transfers, and I think they all worked out today. Could have been much more beneficial to have used then earlier in the race.

If I used the last it would have been McNulty for Vine and at the early checkpoint I was regretting not going for it.

11waterloo replied to Sniffer | 1 week ago
0 likes

Normally the GC riders perform better in TT's near the end of a long race so you don't need a lot of transfers. This race had very few decent TT riders in the top 10 so having a decent number of transfers was a help. I planned to have 5 but used an extra one on Dunbar on stage 20 which was OK (although I took Schmid out for him so not perfect)

0 likes

Is that going to be the last Fantasy Cycling competition ever?

Dr Watson replied to MinardiM189 | 1 week ago
0 likes

MinardiM189 wrote:

Is that going to be the last Fantasy Cycling competition ever?

?

1 like

It does seem to be petering out. Renewi Tour & Autumn Classics haven't appeared in game &  Guangxi Tour is a bit of a waste of time & wasn't played last year. Hopefully it can be organised to have a full programme next year.

Dr Watson | 2 weeks ago
0 likes

What happened to Poole a couple of days ago? He was comfortably in the break whilst I was watching stage 15...until I went out to the shops then when I came back he'd gone.

Anybody know?

11waterloo replied to Dr Watson | 2 weeks ago
0 likes

Someone started pulling in the peloton (Soudal I think) so the initial break never quite got away. It briefly came back together after the first cat 1 climb and then the break went again with a lot of the same names but minus Poole. Not sure why he didn't go second time round, maybe inexperience? 

MinardiM189 replied to 11waterloo | 2 weeks ago
0 likes

I read/heard that Poole thought the break was going to be caught so decided to save himslef.

11waterloo | 2 weeks ago
0 likes

TdG interested today! Would be fantastic if he could roll back the years.

MinardiM189 replied to 11waterloo | 2 weeks ago
0 likes

Can you watch the start of stages anywhere ?

Discovery only start showing live coverage at 15:00 CET

11waterloo replied to MinardiM189 | 2 weeks ago
0 likes

No found anything live. Just follow PCS live feed and build a mental picture of TdG marshalling the break before breaking their hearts!

Dr Watson | 2 weeks ago
0 likes

Let's get our Captain Hindsight picks out of the way "before" tomorrows stage. Who are you thinking might get a few points as an under the radar pick.

Dr Watson replied to Dr Watson | 2 weeks ago
0 likes

I'll regret Leemreize, who seems to be going in every mountain break, and good old Guillame Martin. I won't be picking either but they both may try to go for a wander up the road. 

Pages

Latest Comments