A classic Scottish Closed Road Sportive in the beautiful Scottish Borders - Two routes - 88km Challenge route or 120km full route
Now in its sixth year, the Tesco Bank Tour O The Borders features some of the best and most beautiful road riding in the country. Passing lochs, castles and ancient houses, it rolls through beautiful valleys and hits some iconic climbs which has established it as one of the best sportives in the UK.
For 2017, we’ll be offering both long (120km) and short (88km) routes again. The shorter version of the route has a bit less climbing but still features the fantastic scenery and many of the route highlights.
With mile after mile of spectacular scenery, some of the best road cycling terrain in Scotland, and the inclusion of the famous Talla Wall climb, our route is truly a classic. It’s a fantastic day out on the bike!
Starting in the Borders town of Peebles, the ‘Touro’ route will travel mainly over quiet back roads, and climb several stiff hills along the way. Challenging but rewarding, the routes (short and long) will feature some amazing natural scenery – what better way to take your mind off your efforts than by enjoying this beautiful part of Scotland!
We’re confident this is the best value-for-money closed road sportive in the country, and it’s 100% organised by local riders.
So what do you get for your money?
– A fantastic closed road ride including some of the UK’s best cycling country and awesome scenery
– Great feed stations on the route with a variety of locally-made treats, including some fantastic cake and Forsyth’s famous macaroni pies
– The best electronic chip timing system, results texted to you soon after finish
– Official souvenir for all finishers
– Mechanical support before and during the event provided by Shimano
– Comprehensive first aid and safety provision around the course
– Water and toilet stops where you’ll most likely need them (we’re riders too!)
– A sweeper vehicle and tech/service support will be on course
For more information, visit the website here