Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Giro d'Italia - Stage 2

Having missed the boat yesterday gone for a sprint heavy team. I would have had Matthews, Gerrans and Viviani in any case but have now got them plus
BOY VAN POPPEL (TFR)
SACHA MODOLO (LAM)
JUAN JOSE LOBATO (MOV)
ANDRE GREIPEL (LTS)
MORENO HOFLAND (TLJ)
FRANCESCO GAVAZZI (SOU)

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

22 comments

backflipbedlem | 9 years ago
0 likes

My purist team is coming along nicely, 4th on stage, 48th overall!

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

I need to get a grip. 8 transfers already made. And I could easily do more. Calm Sinister!

Stumps | 9 years ago
0 likes

Going to keep Viv, Griepel and Modolo in for tomorrow. I could change one or two of them for a MM rider but i think it will end up in another bunch sprint, its to early for one of the GC boys to give it a go as they wont want to protect the pink jersey for 3 weeks.

TERatcliffe26 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Not sure if it will be a sprint, maybe will just axe Lobato and see how it plays with Viv and Greipel.

livestrongnick | 9 years ago
0 likes

1 off bookends/first last badge  102

194 Matteo Pelucchi
195 Manabu Ishibashi

Moist von Lipwig replied to livestrongnick | 9 years ago
0 likes
livestrongnick wrote:

194 Matteo Pelucchi
195 Manabu Ishibashi

there was ten and a half minutes between the two! He's done well to lose that on the flat.

Moist von Lipwig replied to Moist von Lipwig | 9 years ago
0 likes
Moist von Lipwig wrote:
livestrongnick wrote:

194 Matteo Pelucchi
195 Manabu Ishibashi

there was ten and a half minutes between the two! He's done well to lose that on the flat.

He only went am made it today though!

enrique | 9 years ago
0 likes

Top 20

livestrongnick | 9 years ago
0 likes

0 likes

Well done Alan with 1,2,3,7

Just 1,3,7 and Clarke 3rd on GC for me, but considering I have Meersman, Battaglin and D Caruso with tomorrow in mind im not too dissapointed. Just Lobato who I feel let me down from my team.

Now who to bring in for tomorrow, Greipel and Lobato out I think, maybe Viv too  39

Alan Tullett replied to TERatcliffe26 | 9 years ago
0 likes
TERatcliffe26 wrote:

Well done Alan with 1,2,3,7

Just 1,3,7 and Clarke 3rd on GC for me, but considering I have Meersman, Battaglin and D Caruso with tomorrow in mind im not too dissapointed. Just Lobato who I feel let me down from my team.

Now who to bring in for tomorrow, Greipel and Lobato out I think, maybe Viv too  39

I had Lobato as well; he must have been held up in the crash. As I'm not sure if he's injured or not I've taken him out for Nizzolo and got rid of van Poppel. I expect it to be another sprint as I think it's too far away from the finish for any GC team to attack on the 2 but if there are more crashes and a GC contender is left out of position it could get interesting. Pozzovivo already out of it!

Alan Tullett | 9 years ago
0 likes

Got 123 on my first stage of the year plus 7, also got Gerrans of course. Pity about Modolo getting bumped by Matthews though! Usual Giro chaos, but no-one seriously hurt by the look of it.

Gkam84 replied to Alan Tullett | 9 years ago
0 likes
Alan Tullett wrote:

Got 123 on my first stage of the year plus 7, also got Gerrans of course. Pity about Modolo getting bumped by Matthews though! Usual Giro chaos, but no-one seriously hurt by the look of it.

It was Greipel that took Modolo out, he was on Matthews wheel and Greipel shouldered him out

enrique | 9 years ago
0 likes

Top 10

0 likes

you say that Twy, but will Lindeman score more today than the 18 points Tosatto scored yesterday? I doubt it unless he wins both sprints  39

Im going to have to make 2 more transfers tomorrow too.

So that will be 4 gone already, really don't know how to play this at all

Twybaydos replied to TERatcliffe26 | 9 years ago
0 likes
TERatcliffe26 wrote:

you say that Twy, but will Lindeman score more today than the 18 points Tosatto scored yesterday? I doubt it unless he wins both sprints  39

Lindeman was in one of my previous team incarnations. He may not finish the tour but given the lack of big hills in the first two weeks I thought he would be in breaks for the first week.

TERatcliffe26 replied to Twybaydos | 9 years ago
0 likes
Twybaydos wrote:
TERatcliffe26 wrote:

Lindeman was in one of my previous team incarnations. He may not finish the tour but given the lack of big hills in the first two weeks I thought he would be in breaks for the first week.

Fair enough, Im gonna stick with Tosatto and hope he goes tomorrow

Twybaydos | 9 years ago
0 likes

Same team which did the TTT poorly. I chose to ignore the TTT yesterday to save transfers later in the week, but omitting Gerrans was probably an oversight:

Matthews
Modolo
Mezgec
Porsev
Viviani
Griepel
Nizzolo
Colbrelli
Tosatto (Should've been lindeman - Doh!)

0 likes

made 2 drunk transfers last night  39  39  39

Viviani
Matthews
Greipel
Lobato
Meersman
Caruso
Battaglin
Clarke
Tosatto