Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

forum

Football misery...

I know most cyclists dont care about football but tonight I am off to see my beloved Weymouth against Histon in the Blue Square Premier.

Having scored three goals since the end of Jan (one of them was an own goal) and sitting in the relegation zone, is anyone else as desperate for the season to end as me?  20  20

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

17 comments

Jon Burrage | 15 years ago
0 likes

My positive comments re:spurs were a little premature, what with the drubbing we recieved with the kind help of howard webb at old trafford. Roll on west brom and I hope defoe is fit and back in our starting line up,

James Warrener | 15 years ago
0 likes

Nice to see we all suffer for our football.

PzychotropicMac | 15 years ago
0 likes

Im a hearts fan, end of story.

Barry Fry-up | 15 years ago
0 likes

Looks like your Reading boys might have sent Norwich down then, Dave... Roy Keane might have to wait a bit for his first east anglian derby  1

Blackhound | 15 years ago
0 likes

Not been a great season here in Derby though we do have a Clough in the dug out again. Been to a few games including the beating of Man Utd in January - definitely the highlight.

Was at the Reading game last week as well where the best team won:-(

I also saw FC Bruges v Charlroi on Flanders weekend from the directors area. Along with Belgian beer from the free bar!

Tony Farrelly replied to Blackhound | 15 years ago
0 likes
Blackhound wrote:

Not been a great season here in Derby though we do have a Clough in the dug out again. Been to a few games including the beating of Man Utd in January - definitely the highlight.

Was at the Reading game last week as well where the best team won:-(

I also saw FC Bruges v Charlroi on Flanders weekend from the directors area. Along with Belgian beer from the free bar!

It might not have been a great season, but it could have been a whole lot worse when you look at what's been happening to some of the teams that have dropped out of the Prem in the last few years. Leicester and Leeds in div 1 - Charlton and poss Norwich on the way there… Southampton possibly going out of business.

Clough Junior looks to be a good manager with a bit about him - he did a good job at Burton and given time he'll do a good job at Derby too - the worst thing that could happen is that he does it all too quickly and you go up too soon, like last time.

Me? I'm a Hammer and not much to add to what hammergonewest said about our season… I wasn't convinced about Zola at first, but I was wrong, I'd much rather play his way and not win quite so many games than play the sort of cautious stuff we were playing before. Ideally I'd like us to play it his way AND win every game.

gandberg | 15 years ago
0 likes

I think you'll find the mighty Aston Villa will be the pretenders to the premiership crown next season.  44

I'm a fan of most sports, particularly the womens tennis tours and ladies beach volleyball. I'd go so far as to say if Carolina Kluft is competing, I'd watch athletics too....Isn't there just that something extra special about female atheletes?

But seriously, most cyclists I know are keen sports fans. Except one. And he's training to become an accountant. Draw your own conclusions there.

Jon Burrage | 15 years ago
0 likes

Being a spurs fan I am quite content with how the season has ended but what on earth was going on for the first ten games...2 point?! As ever I am optomistic about next season but I fear modric will be leaving. Bentley going will be no big loss but I want to keep hold of dawson and bale.

dave atkinson | 15 years ago
0 likes

sounds like weymouth were unlucky last night, JTC. reading turned derby over. the premiership dream is still alive  1

James Warrener replied to dave atkinson | 15 years ago
0 likes
dave_atkinson wrote:

sounds like weymouth were unlucky last night, JTC. reading turned derby over. the premiership dream is still alive  1

Played really well. If they can beat York tonight you never know, but I dont think I will be starting the Rutland sportive tomorrow with a song in my heart from football.

thebikeboy | 15 years ago
0 likes

yeah, that was a really harsh points deduction particularly as the people who bought the club had nothing to do with what happened under the old regime

TheHatter | 15 years ago
0 likes

I care as Luton are out of the league and will be in your visiting next year!

-30 the coldest place in football

cactuscat | 15 years ago
0 likes

is it true that "most cyclists don't care about football", like JTC says? i love footy and cycling, though i suppose i'm less partisan than most people i know. i just like watching football - any football. even, god forbid, sunday football. i'll even watch that if i'm out on a ride and i see a decent looking game going on. much more exciting than wigan vs fulham  4  4

jezzzer | 15 years ago
0 likes

down with the toon....  1

Oli Pendrey | 15 years ago
0 likes

I'm a Newcastle fan so things are pretty bleak for me this season too....but I suppose I've had a managerial change every few weeks to keep me entertained!

On the brighter side of things I suppose a relegation scrap is better than another season of mid-table mediocrity, but then it will probably followed by another decade of mid-table mediocrity in the Championship  2

hammergonewest | 15 years ago
0 likes

As the name suggests I'm a West Ham fan  13

Can't decide whether I want the season to end or not, I'm enjoying it and we've still got seventh place to play for… yeah great, but we are in limbo at the moment what with the ownership of the club being in doubt etc, and seventh probably being the height of our ambitions… still as long as we finish above Spurs, and it does make a nice change not to be involved in a relegation dog fight for the second season in a row.

Good luck for tonight!

dave atkinson | 15 years ago
0 likes

i am, cause i'm a reading fan and with 12 points from 30 since the beginning of march (when we were coasting in 2nd) our season's gone down the toilet and we'll be lucky to make the playoffs. coppell will leave, hunt will leave, doyle will leave, hahnemann will leave, matejovsky will leave and we'll be on the league one express  2

on a more positive note, we might be able to send norwich down if we beat them, and that'll please me no end. but it's a big if, cause we suck right now.

Latest Comments