Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Tour de Suisse

Only 5 teams confirmed, but a full start list. I'll push live at the end of the morning tomorrow. Here is the start list to keep you up to date: https://www.procyclingstats.com/race/tour-de-suisse/2022/gc/startlist/st...

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

79 comments

Sniffer replied to Dr Winston | 1 year ago
0 likes

I did go Fuglsang today which might be my point of difference.  Hopefully he will be useful tomorrow.

It seems lots of us went Yates, so in the end it probably didn't matter.  Turfing our Matthews, Bettiol and Pidcock was not something I will regret.

11waterloo replied to Sniffer | 1 year ago
0 likes

Brought in Yates and Evenepoel which wasn't great. Now looking a bit short on transfers as it wouldn't be a shock if Evenepoel DNS tomorrow (and even if he does start will probably be dropped once the pace gets upped) May end up carrying Bettiol for the final TT.

Daniel Norton | 1 year ago
0 likes

It illustrates Tony's point made below...  Tony posted that there were 13 non-starters listed on PCS an hour after the game deadline, but there are now 16 non-starters.  It is a shambles when the organisers can't announce who hasn't signed on at the start.

I suspect the organisers knew who had tested positive but decided to leave it to teams to announce and kept it from the public: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0v9kzzQeY0&t=1s

Condor Andy replied to Daniel Norton | 1 year ago
0 likes

Yeah, some kind of safegaurd or money back if your rider doesn't start the stage.

Daniel Norton replied to Condor Andy | 1 year ago
0 likes

Rosskopf's team announced that he was pulling out at 11.30 this morning on Twitter.  He still isn't listed anywhere officially as a non-starter at 3.30pm.  I just don't get it.

Daniel Norton replied to Condor Andy | 1 year ago
0 likes

Condor Andy wrote:

Yeah, some kind of safegaurd or money back if your rider doesn't start the stage.

I don't mean the game organisers, obviously.

0 likes

That really gets my fuc4ing goat!

Adam Yates has pulled out, but the official data says nothing about it (nor did the race organisers).  And yes, I added Yates to the team!

Announced about 2 minutes before the deadline by Tweet.  Stitch up! surprise

Daniel Norton replied to Daniel Norton | 1 year ago
0 likes

Another 2 transfers gone.

Sniffer replied to Daniel Norton | 1 year ago
0 likes

You are not alone. 

I also put Yates in this morning.

tony kappler replied to Daniel Norton | 1 year ago
1 like

You would think organisers/teams would have an obligation to the betting organisations to announce non starters early. I notice Mader and Kuss still on bet365's books just before race start. Bahrain and Jumbo did the right thing, but I see that there are 13 non starters (pcs).  Having to check last minute, is taking away some of the enjoyment of our (or anyone's Fantasy) game.

Iv'e been very frustrated with the MM stages, having absolutely no idea of who to pick. (I'm surprised only a few have picked Leknessund). So today I thought, stuff it, I can see a (small) wall finish and tomorrow is SF, so I'll go with GC riders (Yates included), but I notice no one else shared my enthusiasm, so I'll probably go down in a screaming heap. Hard to assess Schachmann and Lutsenko's capabilities after their crash. And how will Kron go today?

Dr Winston replied to tony kappler | 1 year ago
1 like

I'm sure Shachmann and Lutsenko will be right in there if it goes to the line. Another break allowed 7.30 though is a bit of a problem... why do they keep persisting with doing that.

Leknessund is an odd one.. i missed seeing his cumulative pts somehow. 

Daniel Norton replied to Dr Winston | 1 year ago
0 likes

I wouldn't be surprised to see Lutsenko allowed to get away near the finish if the climbs are run hard. (-4:43 on GC)

Daniel Norton replied to tony kappler | 1 year ago
0 likes

I was going to go more GC, but resisted dropping Kron - for Martinez or Kuss(!!!) - based on the recent performance of Kron in the similar profile race here: https://www.procyclingstats.com/race/gp-du-canton-d-argovie/2022/result  Also kept Simmons as thought he was saving himself for today.

Completely agree that it is unacceptable for teams to announce withdrawals as late as they can.  They knew Yates was positive this morning, as any rider who tests positive in the morning is kept away from the soigneurs and team for obvious reasons.  Some other teams have clearly done the same.  They might argue they were waiting for tests to others to see whether the whole team were withdrawing, but it is a piss-poor advert for cycling when the organisers appear to not be certain who was going to ride...

ETA: Did add Vlasov and Yates.  Trying to be less irritated. indecision

ETA2:  I'd really would be steaming if I'd been in the betting markets this morning.

11waterloo replied to tony kappler | 1 year ago
0 likes

I left Kron in just in case he feels he can grab the leader's jersey for one day. As I've said previously, I have got no feel for this race & today no different hence me keeping a couple of non climbers just in case stage 1 is repeated. Adams not starting has really messed up my plans as I hadn't budgeted to replace him.

Condor Andy replied to Daniel Norton | 1 year ago
1 like

Yeah it's not just you. DSM announced SKA, Bol, and Pedersen DNS'd after the race had started. And like Tony mentions, it's so tricky with the betting markets when they don't have this information.

I just switched in Simmons and Kron. The mountain boys will be in tomorrow, but even then I reckon they'll be more DNS to contend with.

Dr Winston replied to Condor Andy | 1 year ago
0 likes

If they get many more then the whole race may be a DNS.

tony kappler replied to Condor Andy | 1 year ago
0 likes

If one rider in a team has Covid (eg Yates), doesn't the whole team have to pull out?

Condor Andy replied to tony kappler | 1 year ago
0 likes

Not the case anymore. That's just what Jumbo decided to do. Ineos decided otherwise.

Sniffer replied to Condor Andy | 1 year ago
0 likes

Jumbo apparently had 4 cases though.

Hard to justify staying in at that point.

Condor Andy replied to Sniffer | 1 year ago
0 likes

I've heard mixed. A lot of sources just say 1 case. Dennis even posted a picture of him and 2 teammates in a car on the way home.

Dr Winston replied to Daniel Norton | 1 year ago
0 likes

Resisted Matthews > Yates. I'm not very hopeful on Matthews anyway so i may be no better off... it would need a truce amongst the GC men early in the final climb for Matthews to grab much... if anybody attacks it from the bottom he'll be toast.

11waterloo replied to Daniel Norton | 1 year ago
0 likes

I subbed Yates in as well - checked for DNS's up until 30 mins before deadline but then had to go out. It really is frustrating because I think we were all balancing keeping the Pidcocks & Matthews versus bringing in the climbers early. Went for a bit of both - left in Kron/Bettiol & took out Matthews/Pidcock. Was happy when I went out......fuming now!

0 likes

Heads up.  Jumbo have pulled out due to COVID if anybody has any Jumbo riders in their team.

Dr Winston | 1 year ago
0 likes

G Thomas is an outstanding lead out man... really good. Two days of delivering Pidcock to a good place and keeping him well out of trouble. 

Strange stage... sat on my hands again. I'm trying to kid myself i nearlly did Simmons > Bettiol... but the reality is it would have been Simmons > Higuita.

11waterloo replied to Dr Winston | 1 year ago
0 likes

I did the 'transfer of shame' & brought Pidcock back in after removing him day before. At least it worked out ok. Used more transfers than planned though. 

Sniffer replied to 11waterloo | 1 year ago
0 likes

Only used 3 transfers so far.  Hoping that will pay later.  

Exactly the opposite strategy I tried with the CdD which didn't work out well.

Missed the Simmons boat though.

Dr Winston replied to Sniffer | 1 year ago
0 likes

I've only used three as well... it might be a record.

Daniel Norton replied to Dr Winston | 1 year ago
0 likes

I reckon if you both only used three transfers, you are on the correct strategy that I wish I'd had the discipline to stick to.

Daniel Norton replied to Sniffer | 1 year ago
0 likes

Low number of transfers on these unpredictable stages was my plan but gone wrong.  Feels like I'm in no man's land.  Might have made a mistake (wasted transfer?) dropping Lutsenko...  Almost certainly won't be in the mix to win this race after my recent good run.

Probably, the sensible thing to do is not be too bold and play it safe.  It just feels wrong, though. yes

Going for the overall just doesn't suit the instinct to try something different...

Condor Andy replied to 11waterloo | 1 year ago
2 likes

'Transfer of shame' is a great expression

Pages

Latest Comments