Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

wilier triestina izoard

Hi.
New member would like some thoughts on this frame/road bike please. Any input as to frame reliability(carbon) and to general ride quality etc.
Going to look at a s/h one around £400 mark.
Thanks

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

3 comments

PRSboy | 4 years ago
0 likes

Izoard XP owner here... I use it as my second bike and for turbo duties now, but its always a pleasure.  Mine is the 'Centaur Red' version, in red and white.  Looks the business.

I echo the comments above on the handling and ride, though I did change the seatpost for a carbon one.

Nice wheels made a difference too.

If it is an XP you are looking at then make sure the fork serial no is not one of the ones potentially affected by a manufacturing fault.

https://www.cpsc.gov/Recalls/2012/bicycles-recalled-by-wilier-triestina-...

maviczap replied to PRSboy | 4 years ago
0 likes
PRSboy wrote:

Izoard XP owner here... I use it as my second bike and for turbo duties now, but its always a pleasure.  Mine is the 'Centaur Red' version, in red and white.  Looks the business.

I echo the comments above on the handling and ride, though I did change the seatpost for a carbon one.

Nice wheels made a difference too.

If it is an XP you are looking at then make sure the fork serial no is not one of the ones potentially affected by a manufacturing fault.

https://www.cpsc.gov/Recalls/2012/bicycles-recalled-by-wilier-triestina-...

Mine came with a twin bolt Ritchey carbon seatpost and mines been updated with same brand carbon stem and bars.

Yep, good wheels transform most bikes, sometimes I use my Shimano RS81s 38mm ( less twitchy in side winds) and lightweight alloy clinchers in the mountains, I forget which ones I have!

maviczap | 4 years ago
0 likes

I've had the first version as my first full carbon bike, I still have it, and it's still my favourite bike without question.
It is comfortable, it descends on rails. I've used it in the Alps and Pyrenees, and it's my summer bike
I've updated over time and it still draws attention.
The 2nd version was called Izoard XP and I think it has an alloy steer tube, whereas mine is an all carbon fork. So the XP is slightly heavier
I'd have another, no problem

Latest Comments