Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

SKS Raceblade Pro on 2012 Rose Pro 2000

Greetings, esteemed forum members and founts of all knowledge.

I'm currently looking to increase the versatilty of my old Rose Pro 2000 by adding some clip-on mudguards to allow winter riding. I have previously used PDW Full Metal Fenders which are superb but tend to rub when combined with my current 25mm Vittoria Corsa Control tyres.

Of all the other products on the market, SKS Raceblade Pro's seem to be among the most favourably reviewed and I'm pretty much on the cusp of buying a set.

However, in the area where I suspect the guard's would be mounted, the Rose's chainstays are square in profile. Does anyone know if this would preclude their use on my particular bike?

Any suggestions of more suitable products would be most welcome.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

5 comments

El Camino | 4 years ago
0 likes

Thanks, everyone for your help.
In the end, I took a punt on the Flinger Race Pros that were sitting in my LBS as the road.cc review seemed quite positive.
And I'm absolutely thrilled with them.
Really pleased with the form and fit. A quick ride around the block on some grippy/bumpy tarmac didn't seem to induce any rattle and hum, (pardon the U2 reference), so I consider that to be a winner.
I'll try and post back further feedback after a few rides

dooderooni | 4 years ago
0 likes

I'd love to add to the thread, but unfortunately I had the SKS Raceblade Long mudguards sent to me in error. I'll add some comments when I receive the right ones yes

The _Kaner | 4 years ago
0 likes

I found the SKS Raceblade Pro XL to do a fantastic job on my Giant.

I guess it depends on the frame, fitment and how you position them.

El Camino | 4 years ago
0 likes

Wow! Thanks for such a detailed reply.
For truly foul weather, my Kinesis cross bike is fitted with full mudguards. My thinking is to add clip-on guards to the Rose to allow for rides on damp winter roads without getting a damp backside, as opposed to full monsoon conditions.
My LBS is just up the road, so I'm just going to pop up there and check compatibility.
Once again, thanks for your time and input.

CX-3 | 4 years ago
0 likes

I've got some. Came fitted when I asked LBS to do a frame swap. I wouldn't like to use them regularly in wet and miserable conditions. They do stop you getting a skiddy up your back, and stop the down tube from getting covered in crud, but that's about all.

My feet got well soaked from the spray that wasn't caught by the short front guard. The back of the bike was a disaster area. My legs were covered in all road crud, as was the back of the down tube. But worst of all was the covering of grit, salt and other detritus that collected on the front mech, chain and chain set and bottom bracket area.

They may be useful as clipons as and when dampish conditions are forecast, but as full winter foul weather mudguards I found them sadly lacking.

So I looked at what other guys were using out on the road. I saw a guy riding these so I asked about them.....

https://www.crudproducts.com/roadracer-mk3/

Much better in every way. I live near Merlin so called in and picked up a set. They are far better in the wet conditions we have been having up here. Worth looking into.

Latest Comments