Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Moving Teams TJ to BMC

In all the news over Geraint Thomas moving rumours and then signing a new contract with Sky, I guess the good folks of Road.cc didn't pick up on this story

http://velonews.competitor.com/2011/07/news/tejay-van-garderen-signs-3-y...

Tejay Van Garderen signs 3-year-deal with BMC Racing Team

Another rider jumping ship before it sinks? I know HTC have been talking about not having a sponsor, but with Cav maybe going to SKY, i think he'll take a couple of guys with him, Renshaw and Eisel. Then TJ away aswell, HTC are either not going to have much of a team left or gonna have to get out there signing some new guys in.

Tony Martin looks like he could be in a strong position to get a team built around his future. I cant see any other riders of a good enough level left unless Marco Pinotti fancies one last crack at any of the tours  19

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

2 comments

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

I'm sorry, but GT just dont compare to Renshaw in terms of lead out, But i think Cav will want to keep Eisel, he's the one keeping him in the tour and has done for long enough in most races

drheaton | 12 years ago
0 likes

I understood that Renshaw and possibly Goss may be heading to some new Australian team next season but I can't remember where I heard that from. I can't see Sky taking on too many HTC guys, they'll have to pay enough to get Cav and why have Renshaw when you've 'the best leadout man in the peloton' in Geraint Thomas (according to Brailsford anyway).

Latest Comments