Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Ouch. OUCH.

nicking off to the shops last night on my trusty ridgeback folder for some crisps and beer (my body is a temple), my foot somehow managed to slip off the pedal and get jammed between the tyre and the fork. turns out that my rubber-soled burberry airwalk pumps (£10 from the outlet village, for some reason they had loads of pairs...) make a really excellent brake, stopping the bike in about 8mm and pitching me over the bars with my carrier bag full of swag. amazingly two of the four bottles of Staropramen survived, but my wrist didn't - a quick pop over to A&E this morning revealed it isn't broken, but it ***** hurts nonetheless. Also the worse for wear are the folder's forks, as you can see from the pic...

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

5 comments

thebikeboy | 15 years ago
0 likes

Get well soon Dave

Tony Farrelly replied to thebikeboy | 15 years ago
0 likes

I had a soft spot for that folder too.

DaveP replied to Tony Farrelly | 15 years ago
0 likes

"I had a soft spot for that folder too."

The Grimpen Mire?

dave atkinson replied to DaveP | 15 years ago
0 likes

The folder had a soft spot too... the fork crown. typical that i bent the only bit of the bike that won't bend back... the frame's all 4130. still, i could do a lovely piece on the tell-tale signs of crash damage. flaky paint on your fork sir?

the-daily-ripper replied to dave atkinson | 15 years ago
0 likes

Still, I'll be along to the show on saturday to take the piss...

Latest Comments