Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Been anywhere nice recently?

The Col de Galibier in France has just closed for six months, so I rode up it the day before.
Wonderful high, wild countryside.
You can rent a place near Briancon easily and climb this as well as the cols of Granon, Montgenevre, Izoard, Agnel and Vars and lots of lower ones too. June and September best I find ...

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

13 comments

jaysa | 1 year ago
0 likes

I hired an assisted MTB today to go and enjoy the snow ... any recommendations for gloves that work at -5 please? This is just below the summit ridge of Le Meale near the Ecrins National Park in France at 2400m. Sorry it was too cold to wait for a gap in the clouds ... The motor did not overheat!

Nat Jas Moe | 1 year ago
1 like

Depends on your definition, but I went somewhere nice; The Outer Hebrides, the Isle of Harris.

jaysa replied to Nat Jas Moe | 1 year ago
0 likes

Remember it well - it's gorgeous. The nights are as dark as in the inside of a cupboard, as I discovered riding off the ferry without a torch !

Daveyraveygravey | 1 year ago
1 like

More from Abruzzo, this is Campo Imperatore or Emperors Field, high up in the Appenines half way between Rome and Pescara.  Day 7 of the Giro will finish here, I think in the valley just below the peak on the left.

Daveyraveygravey | 1 year ago
1 like

Abruzzo in the summer...this is the Via Verde a new cycling and walking path along the old railway line along the coast.  The Giro is starting here with an individual TT in May, I *might* be able to wangle watching it from a yacht...

pockstone | 1 year ago
0 likes

Does the High Peak trail, in the dark, in a headwind count?

Wafty Crank | 1 year ago
2 likes

Aso, Kumamoto, Japan

Wafty Crank replied to Wafty Crank | 1 year ago
2 likes

Hakoishi Pass

Wafty Crank replied to Wafty Crank | 1 year ago
1 like

Coming down from the main crater

davidtcycle | 1 year ago
3 likes

The Col de la Croix de Fer never fails to impress, no matter how many times you climb it. This picture and many others available at davidtphotography.com

Simon_MacMichael | 1 year ago
3 likes

Nice? Yeah, literally 

And I absolutely loved the bike ride (puncture apart).

https://road.cc/content/feature/coffee-ride-komoot-simons-south-france-s...

jaysa | 1 year ago
3 likes

jaysa | 1 year ago
2 likes

Latest Comments